D&D 4E New 4E attack icon smilies

Oldtimer

Great Old One
Publisher
Kzach said:
Appreciate you including them...

...but, I have to say, I really hope this isn't how things are in the monster manual. This seems to me to be an unnecessary obfuscation. Now I have to remember a bunch of new symbols and what they mean?

Why not just have R for ranged, M for melee, C for cone and B for blast.

Or would that be too easy?
Except that it's R for ranged, M for melee, C for close and A for area.

With 26 letters available, people would just become too creative. The symbols are a nice closed set.

Torgan

First Post
tintagel said:
The font looks great, but it needs the dice icons...

Definitely ! I just didn't find any good definition image in the Miniature handbook, so if anyone can give me a link, I'll add the dice icons to the font.

Daelkyr

First Post
Well, I kit-bashed some dice into the font and changed the lettering

a - :area:
c - :close:
r - :ranged:
w - :melee:
b - :bmelee:
1 - :1:
2 - :2:
3 - :3:
4 - :4:
5 - :5:
6 - :6:

holding shift whit r c & a will give you basic icons of those attacks.

Edit... I've printed them at 12 and 8 pt and they are all legible, but I think that the dice need to be a little smaller. I'll try and have that finished by tomorrow. (I've got to go to work.)

Attachments

• D&D 4e Icons v2.rar
    5.1 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:

HeinorNY

First Post
I don't think we will ever need the :1: because if a rechargeable power recharges on a :1: :2: :3: :4: :5: :6: , it will be an At-Will powers instead :p
Good work everyone, EnWorld is officially the first 4E-friendly forum. :)

Derro

First Post
These are great. I'm not even going 4e but I'm gonna use them while posting. As in...

That is a stupid idea! :bmelee:

or

You and what army? :area:

or
:1: I see you are surprised.

:D

Thanks guys. Good gaming.

Ashardalon

First Post
Ondo said:
I don't think I've ever seen that used, and I'm not sure what it would mean.
I'm not sure that we've seen the symbol for basic ranged attacks, but we've definitely seen them.
:1: For one, Magic Missile is a basic ranged attack for the wizard, and Eldritch Blast is a basic ranged attack for the warlock.
:2: Also, some of the monsters we've seen had a lower-case r for the attack type (signifying basic ranged) in addition to upper case letters (signifying non-basic attacks).
:3: I don't think we've seen basic close or basic area attacks anywhere, though. But maybe we might want those as well?
Edit:
:4: Ok, those I had were not good.

Last edited:

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Daelkyr said:
Edit... I've printed them at 12 and 8 pt and they are all legible, but I think that the dice need to be a little smaller. I'll try and have that finished by tomorrow. (I've got to go to work.)

Not only smaller, I think they should have rounded corners...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases