D&D 4E New 4E attack icon smilies

Steely Dan

Banned
Banned
Ondo said:
Here's the ones I just posted, inverted again. I hope they'll work for you.

Those rock, and you rule – thanks!

One last thing, sorry, I'm probably being annoying, how do I make them smaller, just a tad?

Last edited:

Steely Dan

Banned
Banned
We do need a basic ranged symbol (bow with arrow with a circle around it) – see below:

Magic Missile (standard; at-will) * Arcane, Force
Range 20; Int vs. Ref; 2d4+Int force damage.
Special: This power counts as a ranged basic attack. When a power allows you to make a ranged basic attack, you can use this power.

locustus

First Post
I would reassign the mapping for melee and basic melee. And add all attack types as basic types.

m = :melee:
r = :ranged:
a = :area:
c = :close:

M = :bmelee:
R = Basic Ranged Attack
A = Basic Area Attack
C = Basic Close Attack

Daelkyr

First Post
locustus said:
I would reassign the mapping for melee and basic melee. And add all attack types as basic types.

m = :melee:
r = :ranged:
a = :area:
c = :close:

M = :bmelee:
R = Basic Ranged Attack
A = Basic Area Attack
C = Basic Close Attack

I like that mapping. If you look at my attachment on the second page, you'll find that I have included basic icons for each of those attacks. I apologize for taking so long with the updated dice. Life (tm) and all that. But I just ended employment with on company so my weekend is free. I hope to have them finished before Sunday.

Emirikol

Adventurer
Moon-Lancer said:
some people are visual learners like myself. I think the symbols are one of wizards best ideas ever... and i tend to lambaste them pretty hard.

The problem with symbols is that when you're writing scenarios your'e wasting an incredible amount of time with stuff like this. DUNGEON tried that with encounters for a while and found the same thing to be true.

Jay H
Ex-Living Greyhawk Triad Editor, County of Urnst

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Dracorat said:
I guess I really don't understand these. Could I see an example of the symbols in play? (Even a contrived example)

Just look on WotC's website for the statblock of... well, anything. :)

Dracorat

First Post
Morrus said:
Just look on WotC's website for the statblock of... well, anything. :)

Wow talk about blindness. I have looked past these so many times and never really noticed they were there...

Not sure how that makes me feel either. =S

Remove ads