Compiled info on upcoming classes & races

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Ondo said:
Except, of course, this doesn't work, as it leaves out the race with E as the second letter.

Genasi is the only one race I can think of that fits that. Anyone else have an idea for a race that starts De, Ge, or He?

Desmodu?

Brad

Zebastian

First Post
Ondo said:
Except, of course, this doesn't work, as it leaves out the race with E as the second letter.

Genasi is the only one race I can think of that fits that. Anyone else have an idea for a race that starts De, Ge, or He?

The only one that comes to mind, and its a stretch, is "Deep Gnome". So, my guesses are:
Deep Gnome
Gnome
Goblin
Hobgoblin
Shifter

Lurker59

First Post
I seem to remember the developers having mentioned a re-imagined Aasimar race, so maybe they got a new name along the way? The only old races I can think of with e as the second letter are the Deep/Desert races, Kenku, Mephlings, and Centaurs so it's probably a new race.

If the Eberron Players' Handbook has only two races then it'll probably be Warforged and Kalashtar. That would leave both Dopplegangers and Shifters for PHB II, though if it has 3 then maybe Shadar-kai will show up?

I can't imagine that Genasi will show up again, and I think Shifters will end up in the Eberron book since their background is important to Eberron's history. So my guesses based on what we've heard: Gnome, Shadar-kai, Half-orc, Doppleganger, and a new race starting with Ge. If Shadar-kai are saved for the handbook with the Shadow power source then replace them with Shifters.

Last edited:

evilbob

Explorer
Ondo said:
Gnome, Half-Orc, Goblin, Doppleganger, Shifter.
I think you're close. My guess is Gnome, Half-something (probably orc), Gensai, Drow, and Shifter. I don't think they'd put both Doppleganger and Shifter together - they're too similar. Then again, they put Elves, Eladrin, and Half-Elves in the PHB, so I could be wrong. :)

But I think the Forgotten Realms will just be extra detailing of those races - I think the primary will still be PHB2. And most of those are really popular races that people really want to be. The only other option to me is that the "G" would be the githzs and githys, but then they'd have to do both.

Oh, except the "don't be evil" mantra of the PHB. Maybe Drow is out, then. Unless they're all secretly-good-inside rebels with an emo streak, similar to a certain D we all know... :)

(Actually, with the exception of the gnomes, all of those races are typically evil, or at least evil leaning...)

Ondo said:

he----hell bred

De----Derro

Howndawg

Explorer
For the races, here are my thoughts:

Gn is gnome.
G + o is goliath.
D + e is deva, which is the renamed aasimar.
S + h and r is shifter, I think MM is getting tricky with us.
H is half-orc.

For the classes:

B and B are barbarian and bard.
D is druid.
S and S and definitely sorcerer and most likely shaman.
T is probably theurge, given that a divine controller is practically given.
I is inquisitor, given that they want to fill out the divine classes.
W is most likely a primal class, either witch or warden. If the druid is primarily a conroller type, I'm going with warden, if not, witch.

JohnSnow

Hero
No idea, about races, but here's my take on classes.

I agree with most people on some:

B and B are barbarian (primal) and bard (arcane).
D is clearly druid (primal).
The most likely W, I think, is "witch," a primal controller.
T is, I'm thinking, Theurge, as others have said: a divine controller.
I'd say one "S" is probably Sorcerer. It was mentioned in Races and Classes, and it's probably arcane.

My bet on the others:
"S" is Shadowcaster - a new take on Ari's work for Tome of Magic.
"I" is Illusionist.

So now we have some extra "old power sources" - one arcane and one divine, and two new power sources: Primal and Shadow.

3 primal
2 shadow
2 arcane
1 divine

That almost matches the PHB in format. Then PHB 3 can give us a couple more from earlier sources and introduce one or two new ones, like Ki, Psionics, or Elemental.

But I'm just guessing.

Zogmo

First Post
B is for Bonk
D is for Donk
S is for Sonk
T is for Tonk
I is for Ionk
W is for Wonk

What we don't have is M is for MONK.

This better be something they are going to do soon in with the DDI.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases