Compiled info on upcoming classes & races

OU812

First Post
Offical Cover is Up at WOTC for PHBIII

So does anybody have any clear ideas yet on what will be in the PHB3?

The cover says Psionic, Divine, and Primal...so major clues there.

The cover shows a Gith (Zerai Monk probably) PC and a Minotaur PC (Yeah!).

The Monk preview is up too and it looks like it is the first "psionic" class too. (They focus their will through their bodies...which actually makes sense to me!)

I'm guessing races in the book will be Minotaurs, Ogres (1/2 ogres?) Gith (Both), Gnolls, Goblinoids, maybe Elans or other psionic race,,,(Half-Giants would be cool, but I doubt it after the goliaths were added in the PHB2)

Anybody know anything else that is definate yet?

WOTC Page:

D&D Insider Announcement

Khaalis

Adventurer
What we know for Certain:

* Races:
-- Eberron: Shifters have already been covered. That leaves Changelings/Doppelgangers, Kalashtar and Warforged. If we take the FRPG/PH2 as guidelines, 2 of these will end in the EPG and 1 in PH3. {Edit: Since the Warforged were already done in a Dragon article, I would be willing to be it is the one that goes PH3 with Changelings and Kalashtar being the EPG equivalents to the Genasi and Drow in FRPG.}
-- PH3: From the cover art we know - Minotaur and Gith (probably both Githzerai and Githyani in the same format the Shifter was done)

* Classes:
-- PH3 Power Sources: Psionic, Divine, Primal
-- PH3 = Monk - Psionic Striker (the cover Gith is definitely a monk)
-- EPG = Artificer - Arcane Leader (from the cover art of PH3, I'd almost be willing to say it looks like the minotaur is an artificer with the magical glowing runes on his gear, but more likely its a representation of one of the new primal classes)

Opinions:
First off I am not really happy to see Divine and Primal on the list. I would rather there have been a second new power source, and perhaps a new Martial class.

We currently have the following class breakdowns by Power Source:

* 5 Arcane (Controller, Defender, Leader, 2x Striker) and will be gaining another Arcane Leader with the Artificer taking it to 6 Arcane classes.

* 4 Divine (Controller, Defender, Leader, Striker)

* 4 Martial (Defender, Leader, 2x Striker)

* 4 Primal (Controller, Defender, Leader, Striker)

Each Handbook has had 8 classes, so we can assume PH3 will have 8 classes, with 4 being the "New" Psionic power source (one for each Role the way they did Primal). This will likely mean 2 more Primal and 2 More Divine classes making the class power source distribution:
* 6 Arcane
* 6 Divine
* 4 Martial
* 6 Primal
* 4 Psionic

Does this mean PHB 4 will have 4 New Power Source classes, 2 Martial and 2 Psionic?

Last edited:

Jhaelen

First Post
Gith (probably both Githzerai and Githyani in the same format the Shifter was done)
I'm pretty sure they'll get separate entries. Unlike the shifter variants, they are actually different races with different racial abilities.
Each Handbook has had 8 classes, so we can assume PH3 will have 8 classes, with 4 being the "New" Psionic power source (one for each Role the way they did Primal). This will likely mean 2 more Primal and 2 More Divine classes making the class power source distribution:
* 6 Arcane
* 6 Divine
* 4 Martial
* 6 Primal
* 4 Psionic

Does this mean PHB 4 will have 4 New Power Source classes, 2 Martial and 2 Psionic?
Assuming the subtitle is correct, that would be my guess, too. If we further assume the new setting will be Darksun, I could imagine the Templar being one of the new divine classes. Then again templars weren't really different from standard clerics in 2E. The Darksun clerics and druids deviated from the standard classes a lot more (and don't get me started on Darksun bards!).

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Handwaving the controller "definitions" are we... I thought the fighter was just extremely difficult terrain with the tack warlord being the one who created it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases