Compiled info on upcoming classes & races

Ondo

First Post
Added the following Sorcerer info to the first post:

It appears the Sorcerer will be an Arcane Controller. Rich Baker mentions thinking hard about "how it could occupy the same role and power source as the wizard but be a different class" (source), and Christopher Perkins mentions Sorcerer as a possibility for members of the Arcane Caste, along with Wizard and Warlock (source).

glass

(he, him)
Rechan said:
Ki: Psionics::Arcane: Divine.

Arcane and Divine are both MAGIC, but they are different.

Ki and Psionics are both internal forces, but they are DIFFERENT.
Makes sense to me. :)

glass.

RandomCitizenX

First Post
jackston2 said:
The monk must be martial. Making the monk psionic or ki or etc would devalue the martial power source.

How does a divine monk devalue the martial power source? The Paladin existing doesn't somehow detract from the fighter. The warlock doesn't make the ranger and the rogue worthless. With the association of monks, fantastic powers, and religion it really makes more sense for the monk to be non-martial. That being said I do want to see an unarmed combatant for the martial side, even if it would just be a set of powers for the fighter which could only be used unarmed.

Final Attack

First Post
Jack99 said:
Originally Posted by DDXP interview
CH: So the monk will be a martial striker? Can we call that a scoop?

Andy: (laughs) That’s at least 50% wrong. I shouldn’t say too much since we haven’t seriously started designing the class.

Ki striker ki striker ki striker

Am I the only one who sees this as blatantly obvious? Ki is confirmed in the PHB. Though since it has not been released i think you can be forgiven :)

I usually lurk, but after reading the 6th monk = divine/psi controller I dropped my head into the keyboard and posted

Final Attack said:
Ki striker ki striker ki striker

Am I the only one who sees this as blatantly obvious? Ki is confirmed in the PHB. Though since it has not been released i think you can be forgiven :)

I usually lurk, but after reading the 6th monk = divine/psi controller I dropped my head into the keyboard and posted
For a head falling onto a keyboard, not a bad post. ;)

And I agree. The Monk will most likely be a Ki Striker.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases