Important! Interview opportunity - what do you want to know about the GSL? - Page 3
+ Log in or register to post
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Writing Fantasy Gumshoe!
    A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Piratecat

Friend+
    I'm guessing two days at the earliest, four at the latest. We're not entirely sure, though.

Is it possible you could show us the final list of questions you asked before we receive the answers?

That might help temper the anticipation that "threatens to crack the Internet in half", or something like that.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block GRIMJIM

Friend+
    It would be super if we could get something up tomorrow as I'm off to the south of France for a long weekend Thursday and won't be able to relax on my first holiday in years if we don't know more.

Cheers.

(Yeah, the world revolves around my needs :P )

Frazzled
    Titan (Lvl 27)

Reviews
    Read 24 Reviews
    EN World EN5ider13th AgeSupermanCircvs MaximvsENniesPathfinderZEITGEISTDoctor Who

Block Morrus

Friend+
    Unfortunately, folks, I have some bad news.

WotC has elected not to go forward with the interview, in favour of a formal Q&A on their own site.

For those interested, I have attached the list of questions we sent to them.

[Edit - I've just received clarification from WotC on their intentions (apparently there was a misunderstanding via email earlier today) - they do intend to answer all of the questions, some of which will be exclusive to EN World and the rest of which will be addressed on both sites.]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Morrus; Wednesday, 23rd April, 2008 at 01:12 AM.

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Dark Mistress

Friend+
    Not reassuring, their inability to get out solid information is one of the things hurting them the most. And it seems every time they get a chance to get out some solid information they miss it. Frustrating to say the least, hopefully soon they will post their FAQ. I just hope it addresses all the questions and issues.

Good freaking lord. Now this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Iron DM 2013 ChampionPathfinderGM's DayI Defended The Walls!

Block Wicht

Friend+
    Did they say when they would post their own question and answer session?

Frazzled
    Titan (Lvl 27)

Reviews
    Read 24 Reviews
    EN World EN5ider13th AgeSupermanCircvs MaximvsENniesPathfinderZEITGEISTDoctor Who

Block Morrus

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicht
    Did they say when they would post their own question and answer session?
    There's this thread started today on their site:

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1022007

I've pasted our questions in there. *shrug*

Ironically, I heard they were supposed to do one of these Q&A sessions in the near future--I think I remember something about a podcast. To be fair, they said they weren't releasing the GSL to everybody until June or July, IIRC.

I wonder if some of the wording of the questions scared them off. I personally would have re-written the term "poison pill" into something more neutral, since that terminology is (a) is probably not how WoTC sees it and (b) has an accusatory tone to it. (Although that might have slipped through, it looks like the gang worked hard to make it as neutral as possible).

Still, they really need to deal with this. I wrote in another thread about the "In Search With Stupidity" book. There was another story about dBase and how the company ended up shooting itself in the foot because their leader decided he was going to war with the ecosystem that developed around dBase. Soon everybody hated Ashton-Tate, xBase was formed, and it was ugly for the guy who was the engineer behind that strategy.

While I don't think WoTC is in the same situation yet, and the dBase system is more complex, Wizards have built up an ecosystem with the whole OGL/D20STL and they really need to address it.

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block xechnao

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrus
    Unfortunately, folks, I have some bad news.

WotC has elected not to go forward with the interview, in favour of a formal Q&A on their own site.

For those interested, I have attached the list of questions we sent to them.

Sorry guys. We did try! I'm as disappointed as I'm sure many of you are.
    Nevertheless, I have to thank you for the effort.
    I guess its up to Wizards and only Wizards from now on. I wonder if this turn of events is casual or just makes part of some kind of policy of theirs. Perhaps it wasn't unexpected.

+ Log in or register to post
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply