{Empty Room Studios Publishing} Steampunk Musha Player's Guide Pre-order

rick_hershey

First Post
smlogokb9.gif

Empty Room Studios Publishing is opening up pre-orders for the Steampunk Musha Player's Guide to be released in late May. Fans who pre-order will be saving close to 20% on the final release price.[imager]http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/4260/covermusha2wj8.jpg[/imager]

Imagine an island where tradition wars against technology. The last of the samurai have nowhere to turn, and yakuza thugs and street fighters now hold the respect of the cities. Shangti Cowboys have showed the island the power of firearms, and Mechanists have proven the triumph of machine over superstition. But the old ways linger. Kabukika, warriors of the theater and users of magic, hold onto their traditions, as do the Nikobo, who find that as the land travels farther from its traditions, its spirits grow restless...

Creator: Rick Hershey
Lead Writer: Alana Abbott (Into the Reach, Cowboys & Aliens: Worlds at War, Gallia)
System Writer: Charles Rice (Blood and Fists, Legends of the Samurai, Modern20)

Staff Writers: Troy Daniels, Brian Spurling, and Mark Adams
Contributors: Christian Alipounarian, Jason Wallace, Andrew Schneider

The Steampunk Musha Player's Guide is over 250+ pages of rules and information to create a character for the Steampunk Musha setting. Experience the option of choosing from the 9 unique races (including 12 Juunishi-P'o variants). Taking arms as one of the 12 core classes. Access to over 125 feats, over 102 spells, and a wide range of equipment and steampunk gear.

Pre-order the Steampunk Musha Player's Guide for only $12.00 and save almost 20%

Last edited:

rick_hershey

First Post
Eventually, yes there will be a print version. Right now I have a larger publishing I'm talking with about a print edition, but if that doesn't pan out i might do a softcover version of the Player's book and GM's book in B&W and maybe a compilation of the 2 in color. But right now there are a lot of factors we are going over to say one way or the other.

So, yes a print version eventually, but what type or format, not sure yet.

joela

First Post
4e

rick_hershey said:
Eventually, yes there will be a print version. Right now I have a larger publishing I'm talking with about a print edition, but if that doesn't pan out i might do a softcover version of the Player's book and GM's book in B&W and maybe a compilation of the 2 in color. But right now there are a lot of factors we are going over to say one way or the other.

So, yes a print version eventually, but what type or format, not sure yet.

Rick, are you or your publishers switching to 4E? SM is OGL and I'd have to decide if I want to purchase it when it's released in May or wait until there's a firesale at year's end when the d20 STL grace period expires.

rick_hershey

First Post
Rick, are you or your publishers switching to 4E? SM is OGL and I'd have to decide if I want to purchase it when it's released in May or wait until there's a firesale at year's end when the d20 STL grace period expires.

Probably not, SM is going to be OGL 3.5, and I don't see ERSP switching at this point to 4th. Most likely, we will be focusing on visual aid products, system neutral products, and possibly other system support such as True20. We will however be dedicated to support for SM as long as there is an interest, we have lots of books planned with writers attached, along with a new website (with ton of surprises), a collection of short stories, and comics and webcomics. So, the material is going to be around for a good while and well supported as long as fans stick with us.

joela

First Post
stickin' around

rick_hershey said:
Probably not, SM is going to be OGL 3.5, and I don't see ERSP switching at this point to 4th. Most likely, we will be focusing on visual aid products, system neutral products, and possibly other system support such as True20. We will however be dedicated to support for SM as long as there is an interest, we have lots of books planned with writers attached, along with a new website (with ton of surprises), a collection of short stories, and comics and webcomics. So, the material is going to be around for a good while and well supported as long as fans stick with us.

coolio.

you know, it's kinda funny. i only started playing DnD again a couple of years ago. though most of my dms pretty much stick with the core books, i always checked out 3rd party stuff, especially magic supps. when 4e was announced, a lot of sales began and i bought 3pp stuff like mad. i also began to look at pdf from such companies as well.

now with all the craziness swirling around 4e and gsl, i find myself checking out more 3pp stuff. my dms and players are currently happy with 3.x and, unless that changes (or 4e is the cat's meow), we'll be turning to companies like yourselves for our 3.x/OGL needs :D

joela

First Post
nope

rick_hershey said:
The second preview of the Steampunk Musha Player's Guide is now up

SM Player's Guide Preview #02

getting the following error message:

Not Found
The requested URL /www.emptyroomstudios.com/SMpreview02.pdf was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.41 Server at store.emptyroomstudios.com Port 80

Remove ads