Diesel's Dawn of Defiance ( OOC )

Diesel

First Post
My real life group recently broke up so I thought I would turn to the worthies here to see if there was interest in a Star Wars Saga campaign using the wizards adventure path Dawn of Defiance.. I am aware there is another DoD campaign currently going on at the boards, but I really like the idea of a Star Wars adventure path, set in Rise of the Empire time frame, full of Space Opera adventure.

I would like five players each from the five main classes at first level. After that you may multiclass as you wish.

Use the RPGA standards pdf document for character creation, equipment and other information, which can be found here.

The above document refers to the Devaronian and Nautolan as playable races. The stats for these races can be found in this link.

Posting frequency is TBA according to players schedules, but I assure you it wont be daily.

Invisible castle will be used for rolls with players doing their own rolling.

I'll leave recruiting open for about a week or until we have five players.

Last edited:

possum

First Post
Ardo'niloet (Ardon Iloet)

Male Twi'lek Jedi.

I don't know what happened, but I'm alive. The blaster fire, the explosions, by the Force, the feeling of it all... Now here I am, aboard a space station over Brentaal, hiding my Jedi abilities and my lightsaber from this new Empire. Seventeen, and my life as I knew it is over.

Created character to follow in a few days.

Shalimar

First Post
Ranal "Rain" Cho, a female human scout from the primitive Amazonian planet of Dathomir. Rain is a Force sensitive as are a lot of the women from Dathomir, their tradition of Witches originally founded hundreds of years ago by an exiled Jedi woman. Rain has left her planet to seek out further knowledge of the force, to learn about the wider universe, to procure a starship for the use of her clan, and to possibly find a mate.

This character was built for a Dawn of Defiance game that never got off of the ground.

[sblock="stats"]Name: Ranal “Rain” Cho
Race: Human
Height: 1.7 m (5’7”)
Weight: 60 kg (132 lbs)
Eye Color: Grayish-Green the dominant color depends on her mood
Hair Color: Red hair kept in tight functional braids
Skin Color: Bronzed from an outdoor life style
Class/Level: Medium Human Scout 1
Experience: 0

Destiny 1 (Rescue), Force 5
Init +8 Senses Perception +7
Languages Basic
------------------------------------------------------------
Defenses Ref 16 (13 Flatfooted), Fort 14, Will 14
hp 25; Threshold 14
Speed 6 squares
Melee Vibro-Blade +0 (2D6)
Ranged Blaster Pistol +3 (3d6, 2D6 Stun, Energy)
Base Attack +0; Grp +0
Atk Options
Special Actions:
Battle Strike: As a Swift Action make a use the force check to gain a +1 bonus to attack and bonus damage (DC 15 = 1D6, DC20 = 2D6, DC25 = 3D6). By spending a force point you can deal an additional 2D6 points of damage
Move Object: As a Standard Action make a Use the Force Check to move the target up to 6 squares in any direction. (DC 15 = Medium Size, 2D6; DC20 = Large Size, 4D6; DC 25 = Huge, 6D6; DC 30 = Gargantuan, 8D6; DC 35 = Colossal, 10D6) Spending a Force point raises the Size by 1 and adds 2D6 damage, spending a Destiny Point adds 3 size Categories and 6D6 damage
Shake It Off: Spend 2 swift actions to move +1 step on the Condition Tracker
Surge: As a swift action make a Use the Force check with results as follows:
DC 10: +10 bonus on Jump Checks and +2 spaces of movement
DC 15: +20 bonus on Jump Checks and +4 spaces of movement
DC 20: +30 bonus on Jump Checks and +6 spaces of movement
*by spending a force point you can add an additional +10 bonus to jumps and 2 more squares
------------------------------------------------------------
Abilities STR 10(0), Dex 16(+3), Con 14(+2), Int 10(0), Wis 15(+2), Cha 15(+2)
Talents: Damage Reduction 10
Force Powers: Battle Strike, Move Object, Surge
Feats: Force Sensitive, Force Training, Shake it Off, Weapon Proficiency (Advanced Melee Weapons, Pistols, Simple Weapons)
Skills: Endurance +7, Initiative +8, Perception +7, Stealth +8, Survival +7, Use the Force +7
Possessions: (17 kg)/(25 kg heavy load) 200 Credits
Blaster Pistol (1 kg), Blaster Holster(.25 kg), Vibro Blade (1.8 kg), Field Kit (10 kg), Utility Belt (4 kg)
[/sblock]

Appearance: Rain is a tall athletic woman with a lean well muscled frame. Her functional red braids contrast nicely with her tanned skin that is clearly the benefit of a life time spent out of doors as is her build. The exotic redhead exudes an air of brash confidence and speaks with an accent to her basic that defies being placed.

The young woman can almost always be found wearing a pair of black well-fitted pants and boots that appear to be leather, but to a trained eye looks to be some kind of lizard hide instead of Nerf hide. For a top she sometimes wears a shirt made of some incredibly soft material that also defies placement. Most often she wears a vest of the same leather like material as her pants, which leaves her arms and lower abdomen bare. The vest’s color shifts depending on the light between a dull red and rust brown.

Strapped to her thigh is her blaster, and anyone paying very close attention to her may notice the hilt of a Vibro Blade peeking out from under her hair if her braids shift too much. The blade hangs down inside her vest between her shoulder blades with just the hilt extending outside.

Personality: Rain is about as direct as a battering ram. She has a lot of self-control but there are a few things that can break through it, most notably being demeaned by a man. On Dathomir where the first males were pirates, smugglers, and lawbreakers the society evolved under the direction of an exiled female Jedi with the males being at first prisoners for their crimes, until generations later men were simply slaves. Well kept and well treated slaves, but they are still slaves. She accepts that things are different in the outside world and that males may possibly be her equal, but never her better.

Background:
Rain was born on the fairly primitive world of Dathomir, a world that no one knows of, no one goes to. Life on Dathomir is tough, and the warrior women of Dathomir pride themselves on their toughness and their abilities with the force. The Dathomiri witches lead the 6 clans from the backs of their trained Rancors.

A few months ago a ship of slavers crashed down upon the surface of Dathomir not far from the home of the Singing Mountain Clan. With the help of the force witches the captives were able to slay their captors and repair the ship. With the permission of the Matriarch of her clan Rain decided that she would go with the former slaves when they left to seek out further knowledge of the force, to learn about the wider universe, to procure a starship for the use of her clan, and to possibly find a mate. Rain will be arriving at the station on the former slave ship and making her own way from there.

Last edited:

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Belloc "Bel" Sinde, a Naboo Noble who left Naboo after the rise of the Empire, disagreeing with the Queen's support of the Imperialization of the Republic. He's considering a life of mercanary work or smuggling, but is somewhat unsure of how to go about doing that.

Stats coming...

Diesel

First Post
Good to see there some who have yet to peek at this campaign. Three is good, and I will run the game with three if no one else wishes to join.

But for now, Ardo'niloet, Bel and Rain are in. I like the backgrounds. Still openings for a scoundrel and a soldier.

possum

First Post
Ardo'niloet

[sblock]Ardo'niloet (Ardon Iloet)
Male Twi'lek Jedi 1
Force 2 (Three FPs used to represent his escape from Order 66)
Init +1, UTF +8
Languages: Basic, Ryl, Huttese
Defenses: Fort 13, Reflex 13 (Flat footed 12), Will 12.
HP: 30, Threshold 13
Speed: 6 squares
Melee: Lightsaber: +1 melee. 2d8.
Ranged: blaster pistol: -3 ranged. 3d6.
Force Powers Known: Mind Trick
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 16
Talents: Deflect
Feats: Force Training (Move Object)
Skills: Acrobatics +6, Jump +5, Knowledge (Galactic Lore) +8, Perception +5, Pilot +6, Use the Force +8.
Possessions: A shred of fabric from a long destroyed Jedi robe, lightsaber, blaster pistol, civilian clothes, jacket (with hidden pocket for lightsaber).
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Belloc "Bel" Sinde

Medium human Noble 1, CL1
Destiny 1 (Destruction); Force Points 5
Init +1; Perception +5
Languages Basic, Durese, Gunganese, High Galactic
–––––––––––––––––––––––––
Defense Reflex: 16 (flat-footed 15); Fortitude: 12; Will: 13
Hit Points: 19 Threshold: 12
Speed 6 squares
Base Attack Bonus +0, Grp +2
Melee punch +2 (1d3+2) or
Melee force pike +2 (2d8+4) or
Ranged Blaster Pistol +1 (3d6)
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 14
Talents: Presence
Feats: Armor Proficiency (light), Linguist, Weapon Proficiency (advanced, pistols, simple weapons)
Skills: Deception +7, Gather Information +7, Knowledge (Galactic Lore) +6, Knowledge (Tactics) +6, Perception +5, Persuasion +7, Pilot +6, Use Computer +6
Possessions: blaster pistol, combat jumpsuit, force pike, utility belt (3 days of food capsules, medpac, tool kit, power pack, 2 energy cells, glow rod, comlink with pocket scrambler, liquid cable dispenser with small grappling hook, credit chip with 940 credits, binder cuffs, blaster pistol, combat jumpsuit, force pike liscences), hip holster, all-temperature cloak
Experience 0
Height 1.9 m, Weight 80 kg

[sblock=Character History] Belloc, the youngest member of a Naboo political family has seen much of his family eaten alive by the wars of the past few years. His great-uncle fought and was seriously wounded in the battle of Naboo, a member of the Queen's royal guard. His older brother died in service to the Chancellor, later the Emperor, as a member of his Senetorial Guard. So much of his life was cuaght up in the fighting of the Clone Wars, and Bel emprace dit from a young age, training to follow in his brother's footsteps as a member of the Senatorial (Imperial) guard. After his brother's death, Bel was seriously affected, and upon hearing about some of the conflicts around the galaxy, Bel started speaking out against the Empire, opinions which were not well-received in Naboo, or by the Sinde clan.

Striking out on his own, Bel took his force pike, his great-uncle's service blaster pistol, and his long blue Senate-guard cloak, and spent most of his remaining money getting a Duros trader to give him a ride to wherever he was headed next, which turned out to be Brentaal Station. Here Bel's looking for a mercanary company he can join, or a smuggler that needs someone who's handy with a force pike. Barring all that, Bel would like to find a group he can trust to take around the galaxy making money doing what they can.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases