Amazon and Preordering

ShadowyFigure

First Post
For my birthday my Nan Preorder all three core books. But chose free postage, will this mean no books on the day? If so i'll order an addition phb on first class.

Saishu_Heiki

First Post
If I recall correctly, the free supersaver shipping is 3-5 day ground shipping. They may ship the books a day or two early so you have closer to the street date, but not on the street date.

Mercule

Adventurer
I'd caution you on upgrading, or at least paying very much to do so. D&D books aren't a high-priority "new release" and they aren't going to spend any time trying to time the shipment to arrive on the 6th. They may not even worry about getting it out the door on the 6th.

I stuck with the free shipping because I don't expect to get the books until the next week, anyway, and I figure what's the difference between seven and nine days, really? If it was actually going to shave off a week, I might rethink.

YMMV.

ShadowyFigure

First Post
So what if there not high priority as a customer I expect my preordered product on release, thats why I preorder, so I don't have to go to a store to find all the copies gone.

The difference between a week and nine days.

IM NOT WAITING 5 MINUTES MORE THEN THE 6TH BEFORE GETTING VIOLENT
:D

Voss

First Post
Then you're better off paying full price in a shop.
If you opt for free discount shipping, expect a bit of a delay, because, you know, you aren't paying for it.

Thasmodious

First Post
I would say that's accurate. I'm an Amazon Prime member (2 day shipping is free) and overnight shipping (@3.99) just moves up my estimated delivery date from June 10th to June 9th. I'm paying the 4 bucks anyway just on the off chance they do ship out on the 5th or an overzealous UPS driver comes out on Saturday or something. But I wouldn't be doing that if the shipping cost was any higher.

ShadowyFigure

First Post
its still pathetic that I won't get on the day if I order first class but I still will, PHB can always be fobbed off as an early c present to a player in my group anyway when the rest come.

johnnype

First Post
I don't know what Amazon has planned for the core rulebooks but I doubt they will ship them any earlier than necessary.

I don't know about the rest of you but I haven't had much luck with preorders. For a while now I've only ordered books the day the list as "in stock". Preordering actually delays the order. Again, IME. YMMV.

Belorin

Explorer
I've gotten pretty good service with Amazon.com so far. I preordered the R&C and W&M previews and the both arrived on the street date.

Bel

edit: I did use standard shipping instead of the free shipping.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases