Spell or cantrip to clean people/items?

preacher

First Post
It seems to me that with all of the reality-bending powers available to a mage, a simple spell or cantrip to do the laundry ought to be well within his powers. Or one to clean the mage himself, for that matter, especially when out adventuring and away from the comforts of home.

I've looked through the PHB and SC and can't find anything. Am I missing it or have the world's arcane casters decided it's not worth their trouble to stay clean and odour-free? :)

Victim

First Post
Prestidigitation
Universal
Level: Brd 0, Sor/Wiz 0
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 10 ft.
Target, Effect, or Area: See text
Duration: 1 hour
Saving Throw: See text
Spell Resistance: No

Prestidigitations are minor tricks that novice spellcasters use for practice. Once cast, a prestidigitation spell enables you to perform simple magical effects for 1 hour. The effects are minor and have severe limitations. A prestidigitation can slowly lift 1 pound of material. It can color, clean, or soil items in a 1-foot cube each round. It can chill, warm, or flavor 1 pound of nonliving material. It cannot deal damage or affect the concentration of spellcasters. Prestidigitation can create small objects, but they look crude and artificial. The materials created by a prestidigitation spell are extremely fragile, and they cannot be used as tools, weapons, or spell components. Finally, a prestidigitation lacks the power to duplicate any other spell effects. Any actual change to an object (beyond just moving, cleaning, or soiling it) persists only 1 hour.

Whimsical

Explorer
Hygene

Unearthed Arcana has a spell, hygene, that cleans one person if you cast it as a 0-level spell, and cleans several people when cast as a 1st level spell. I found it interesting that the simple idea of allowing us to wake up clean compelled me to prepare that spell every day, using up a precious spell slot just to maintain the idea that we don't have to smell like someone who doesn't live in a world of baths.

Last edited:

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Prestidigitation, or Clean from UA will both do the job.

And as someone who has spent time in situations where it may not be possible to bathe for 3 or 4 weeks sometimes I can say if magic were real this would be on the list of every caster. Christ if magic were real and you knew Clean you be the favorite person in the entire F*ing unit. Even if that and cantrips were the only things you could do!

preacher

First Post
Unseen Servant might be good - doing the laundry at a campsite - but the "Clean" spell looks ideal. However I seem to be suffering the same blindness that stopped me seeing Prestidigitation, and can't find it in UA - any chance of a page ref please? Thanks all.

Last edited:

WhatGravitas

Explorer
hong said:
Fireball.
What? You only get ash and half-burned stuff everywhere.

If you want to clean it *really* good, use highly concentrated bleach and super-washing detergent: Acid-substituted fireball.

Cheers, LT.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases