D&D 4E 4E Dungeon Crawl Classic

Filcher

First Post
Found this flyer on the Goodman Games website.

http://www.goodman-games.com/

Almost too small to read, but the white book in front looks to be the new trade dress for 4E DCCs. Looks like "Forges of the Mountain King," by Adrian Pommier (the author of their Gen Con tournament adventures).

Attachments

• 4edcc.jpg
    4edcc.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 225

tombowings

First Post
The title is definitely "Forges of the Mountain King", but I'm not sure how I feel about it. Hopefully Goodman Games does justice to these classic modules. Either way, I wont be buying it, but it does give a good perspective in saying that 4e is still the D&D we all know and love...sept MORE AWESOMER!

Shroomy

Adventurer
I really can't make much out, but I'm personally psyched that DCC is moving forward with 4e adventures. Even with the small thumbnail, it certainly looks like the art has changed drastically.

Rex Blunder

First Post
Based on the info that's been released about this, I have to say I'm disappointed. I think Goodman Games is making a mistake in releasing their 4e material in a tiny thumbnail format. Sure, there might be human-sized material in there too, but if so, why haven't they previewed it yet? It just feels like they're trying to appeal to munchkin gamers.

;)

Shroomy

Adventurer
Rex Blunder said:
Based on the info that's been released about this, I have to say I'm disappointed. I think Goodman Games is making a mistake in releasing their 4e material in a tiny thumbnail format. Sure, there might be human-sized material in there too, but if so, why haven't they previewed it yet? It just feels like they're trying to appeal to munchkin gamers.

;)

What? Are you serious? I've been creating my homebrew stuff for 3.5e in a thumbnail format since that edition's release! Its perfect! ;)

StickPerson

First Post
I'm putting my group through Saga of the Dragon Cult (currently in Legacy of the Savage Kings) right now and we're having a blast. I also have a couple other DCC's I doubt I'll get to before we switch over to 4th edition that I enjoyed just reading. I'm an old BECMI fan and Goodman's modules ring a bell with me, it fills me with glee that they are continuing the DCC line into 4th edition.

If anyone from Goodman Games is reading this, the two main areas I wouldn't mind seeing some improvement in is:

1) The maps. Let your cartographer show off more of his skills and put more detail into the maps. I admit I was drawn to the adventures due to their old school feel but now that I'm hooked some improvements wouldn't hurt.

2) The stat blocks. I'd like it if the monster stat blocks were easier to read, maybe more compartmentalized instead of the long run-on sentence structure currently used. Also maybe add some symbols in them for AC, attacks, etc.

Other than that I can't wait to get my hands on 4th ed. DCC's.

Protagonist

First Post
Rex Blunder said:

;)

sizeist!

Filcher

First Post
tombowings said:
The title is definitely "Forges of the Mountain King", but I'm not sure how I feel about it. Hopefully Goodman Games does justice to these classic modules.

I'm not sure I understand. All the Goodman adventures are new material, not reprints.

Filcher

First Post
Rex Blunder said:

;)

Yeah, thumbnails are so MMO.

Rumors gleaned from the Goodman Games forums:

• Adrian Pommier has indeed written a DCC
  • Forges of the Mountain King was NOT written by Adrian
  • Forges is for 1st level characters
  • There is some sort of DCC having to do with a cyclops

So that's :3: DCCs at first release, by my count.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases