Escaping the Labyrinth - A combat oriented Adventure

Walking Dad

First Post
From the SRD

Regeneration (Ex)
An ice devil takes normal damage from good-aligned weapons and from spells or effects with the good descriptor.

Jemal

Adventurer
aye but that's not the debate..
from the Monsters Manual: "A Leonal's natural weapons, as well as any weapons it wields are treated as good-aligned for the purpose of overcoming Damage Reduction" the attacks are not actually good-aligned, just treated so for beating DR.
Align weapon and the "Holy" Weapon ability both state that the weapon becomes good-aligned AND overcomes Damage Reduction, whereas the Leonal's subtype allows only for overcoming the DR.

That in mind though, I wish I'd noticed that sooner, I was subtracting it's DR from the Leonal's attacks. :(

kinem

Adventurer
Walking Dad said:
okay, that is weird. ???

Yes, I hadn't realized that either. I'm no fan of 4e, but this is the kind of wonkiness that tends to crop up in 3e just when you don't expect it.

Last edited:

Albedo

First Post
I was looking through Anabelle's spell list and I discovered a slight error. Sadism, one of the spells in her spell list turns out to be from the enchantment school, one of her banned schools. I'm replacing it with Augment Familiar from spell compendium if thats alright with you Jemal.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Albedo - That's acceptable, especially considering the familiar appears to be your primary mode of attack *L*

Albedo

First Post
So Jemal, can I get an answer on whether or not I can forgo the Book of Vile Darkness' special components for some spells? Considering I won't have any access to them down here, it would kind of halve my Demonologists spell list...

Walking Dad

First Post
Jemal in the IC thread said:
ALSO, on a personal note, while it may sometimes seem that I'm 'rooting' for the monster, I'm not actively trying to make it KILL you guys (well, any more-so than usual ) or get away so it can do so later. My main job is to provide a challenge, and play the monsters/NPC's how I think they would realistically react, and I strive to do so while keeping the game both fair and fun. Any input would be appreciated (In the OOC thread though, please. )

I like your style of play :)
Just have their Int and Wis scores in your mind (golems are no tactical masterminds, for example) and possible animosities between them.

Rayex

First Post
I was wondering if you are recruiting a healer-type at the moment?

I noticed someone saying you lacked one of those, and would love to take a shot at this! Long time since I played a combat-oriented game, and I'm aching to do just that!

What I have in mind is a cleric/Radiant Servant of Pelor, with heavy focus on the healing part. Will have to look a bit on what race to chose, but most likely nothing with too much of a +LA, as I'd miss out on too many goodies, spellwise.

Edit: Looking at my rolls , Im not sure how easy (fun?) it would be to pull this off.

(On the other hand, my first rolls using the "Roll Stats" instead of "Roll Die" option, were pretty nice...)

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
If we get a healer type, I will ask for replacing my staff of healing. It took much of my money and would be made nearly obsolete. (Being additionally in a party with two characters that can use the staff better than I am.)

Remove ads