Escaping the Labyrinth - A combat oriented Adventure

renau1g

First Post
Sorry about being terribly ineffective this battle.... Apparently my (or Rhokkan's) lack of tactics has led to being 1 round ko'd... at least he served as a warning not to take on the hydra in melee ;).

See you in a few dozen rounds...

Jemal

Adventurer
First - This fight shouldn't last too long (round-wise).
Second - Be glad it wasn't a Pyro-Hydra.
Third - You actually provided the best thing a tank of your type can - You took the full bront of the badguys assault while everyone hit it hard, and YOU don't have to worry about dieing from it. It's next turn will be much less happy for the good guys.
Besides, there's not much tactics a straight-out melee character can use in a situation like this. Even if you hadn't charged and taken the -2 ac penalty, it still would've hit you enough to drop you. and if you'd taken the action to set your shield instead of attacking, it would've breath-weaponed last round, probably killing somebody.

renau1g

First Post
I'm not upset or anything, quite the contrary, I haven't really seen a hydra in play (most of my RL games are lower levels) and was amazed at it's power, I am quite thankful that it wasn't a pyrohydra.... otherwise I'd be rolling up a new char. now ;) so thanks for that Jemal :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases