Escaping the Labyrinth - A combat oriented Adventure

renau1g

First Post
Ok, I've updated the sheet, changed the rings of energy resistance to a ring of blinking(is this ok?), leaving me about $2k for consumables.

Ruined

Explorer
Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
I told myself I wouldn't join another game, but then I got caught up thinking about a character concept, so here I am. I'm planning on a human Ranger 6/Tempest 5/Fighter 1. Both PrCs are in Complete Adventurer. He's a dual wielding (longsword and shortsword) fast strike machine.

I was hoping to use the Distracting Attack ability from PHB II, especially if Ruined or someone else uses a rogue.

Stats 16, 15, 14, 17, 18, 7

Jemal

Adventurer
AH, life once again. :D

Welcome aboard, all. Looks like we have a theoretical 6 players now..
Kinem, Redclaw, Ruined, Renau1g, WalkingDad, and Albedo.

Ruined - looking forward to seeing your Aasimar Monk. Stats will be: 18,15,14,14,13,13

Redclaw - That's fine. Interesting stat roll, btw.. 18,17,16,15,14,7

Kinem - Harpy warlock would be... interesting, though keep in mind that with the Harpy's +3 LA and 7 racial HD, you'd only have 2 class levels for Warlock. Stats - 18,14,14,13,12,7 (Hmm, a bit under what I'd prefer for stats on characters.. Add 3 points to one of your stats, and 1 to another. NOT the 18. ;) )

Renau1g - Looks good so far.

Anybody else got a character sheet (Or at least part of one) done up?

WD/Albedo, you guys still interested?

Walking Dad

First Post
Yes, still needing to buy items and finalize fluff :)

[sblock=Adept]Str: 14
Dex: 15 (+1 lev 4) =16
Con: 18 (+1 lev 12) =19
Int: 16
Wis: 14
Cha: 15 (+1 lev 8) =16

Race: Silverbrow Human

Feats
H Ability Focus (Breath)
1 Draconic Aura: Energy (Cold)
3 Imp. Natural Armor
6 Extra Invocation
9 Hover
12 Extra Invocation

Skills Ranks only
Bluff 5
Concentration 15
Knowledge Arcane 5
Knowledge Dungeoneering 5
Knowledge Local 5
Listen 15
Spellcraft 10
Spot 15
Use Magic Device 15

Breath effects:
Frost Breath
Slow Breath
Thunder Breath
Enduring Breath

Invocations:
Least (2)
Endure Exposure
Magic Insight
See the Unseen
Lesser (2)
Draconic Flight
Humanoid Shape
Voracious Dispelling
Greater (1)
Chilling Fog[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=ranger/tempest/fighter]
Str: 17 (+1 level 4)=18
Dex: 18 (+1 lev 8, +1 level 12) =20
Con: 16
Int: 14
Wis: 15
Cha: 7

Race: Human
HP: 108 (oops, rolled an extra d8, so removing the last one--a 6--and a +3 con bonus, brings my total down to 99).

Feats
H Dodge
1 Weapon Focus (longsword)
B Track
B Two Weapon Fighting
3 Mobility
6 Spring Attack
B Improved Two Weapon Fighting
9 Improved Crit (longsword)
12 Two-Weapon Rend (PHB II)
F1 Combat Tactician (PHB II)

Skills Ranks only
Balance 5
Climb 5
Heal 9
Hide 9
Knowledge (dungeoneering) 9
Knowledge (nature) 5
Jump 5
Listen 9
Move Silently 9
Ride 5
Search 9
Spot 9
Survival 9
Swim 4
Tumble 10

Class Abilities
Favored Enemy (Undead) +4
Wild Empathy
Distracting Attack (PHB II)
Favored Enemy (Aberrations) +2
Tempest Defense +3
Ambidexterity (-2/+0)
Two Weapon Versatility
Two Weapon Spring Attack

Equipment
Mithral Shirt +3 (10,100 gp)
+1 Frost Ghost Touch longsword (18,315 gp)
+1 Wounding shortsword (18,310 gp)
Ring of Protection +2 (8,000 gp)
Boots of Striding and Springing (5,500)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Albedo

First Post
Heres my workup, just had to do some spell research for it. Sorry it took so long.

Anyways, I'm changing my concept from a druid to a demonologist. Heres what I got so far.

[sblock=Annabelle]
Anabelle:
Human Girl, Age 16, LE, Brown Hair, Red Eyes, White Skin, 5' 1", No Diety

5 Wizard, 3 Demonologist, 4 Ultimate Magus
[sblock=stats]
Str: 12 (12 Base)
Dex: 16 (16 Base)
Con: 16 (12 Base + 4 Enhancement)
Int: 25 (18 Base + 4 Enhancement + 3 Level)
Wis: 10 (10 Base)
Cha: 18 (14 Base+ 4 Enhancement)

BAB: +5
Fort: 6 = 3 Base + 3 Con
Ref: 6 = 3 Base + 3 Dex
Will: 11 = 11 Base + 0 Wis
AC: 17 = Base 10 + 3 Dex + 4 Mage Armor
Initiative: +3
Speed: 30ft
HP: 74 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1587607/
Languages: Common, Draconic, Abysal, Infernal, Celestial
[/sblock]
[sblock=Feats,Skills,Abilities]
Feats (7): Pacticed Spellcaster (Diablorist), Empower Spell, Evil Brand, Sacrificial Master, Malign Spell Focus, Spell Focus (Conjuration), Augment Summoning, Scribe Scroll

Skills: (101)
Concentration: 16/+19
Knowledge Arcana: 16/+23
Knowledge Religion: 16/+23
Knowledge Planes: 16/+23
Use Magic Device: 11/+15
Sense Motive 16/+23
Tumble: 5/+8

Special Abilities: Arcane Spell Power +2, Expanded Spell Knowledge (Wraithstrike, Shield), Augmented Casting (5/day), Charm Demon, Quasit Familiar, Summoning Mastery +2, Summon Familiar
[/sblock]
[sblock=Equipment]
Headband of Intellect +4 (16,000)
Amulet of Health +4 (16,000)
Cloak of Charisma +4 (16,000)
Rod of Quicken (Lesser) (35,000)
Glove of Storing (10,000)
Wand of Cure Light Woundsx2 (1,500)
Scroll of Summon Monster V (Entered in Spellbook) (1,125)
Scroll of Cloudkill (Entered in Spellbook) (1,125)
Scroll of Fireball (Entered in Spellbook) (375)
Scroll of Blacklight (Entered in Spellbook) (375)
Scroll of Lightning Bolt (Entered in Spellbook (375)
Scroll of Acid Orb (Entered in Spellbook) (700)
Scroll of See Invisibility (Entered in Spellbook) (150)
Spell Component Pouch (5)
Wizard's Spellbook (15)
Backpack (2)
253 gp
[/sblock]
[sblock=Spells]
Wizard (Caster Level 11): Spells Known:
0: All
1(9): Mage Armor, Ebon Eyes, Shield, Summon Monster I, Identify, Magic Missile, True Strike, Comprehend Languages, Feather Fall
2(4): Lesser Celerity, Sadism, Wraithstrike, Summon Monster II, See Invisibility
3(4):Summon Monster III, Fly, Haste, Ray of the Python, Blacklight, Fireball, Lightning Bolt
4(4): Greater Invisibility, Ottilukes Resilient Sphere, Ruin Delver's Fortune, Summon Monster IV, Acid Orb
5(2): Fly Mass, Fire Shield Mass, Cloudkill, Summon Monster V

Wizard: Spells Prepared:
0 (5): Acid Splash, Detect Magic x2, Message, Mage Hand
1 (7): Mage Armor x4, Ebon Eyes x2, Summon Monster I
2 (7): Lesser Celerity x2, Summon Monster II x2, See Invisibility, Sadism x2
3 (6): Summon Monster III, Fly, Haste x2, Ray of the Python, Blacklight
4 (4): Greater Invisibility, Ottiluke Resilient Sphere, Ruin Delvers Fortune, Summon Monster IV
5 (3): Summon Monster V, Fly Mass, Fire Shield Mass

Demonologist (Caster Level 11): Spells/day
1: 4
2: 3
3: 3
4: 2
[/sblock]
[sblock=Background]
Annabelle was not always evil. There are those who would debate that the loss of her purity and kindness was not worth her life, that dying a good soul would be better than being twisted into the agent of evil. However, while they can debate until they are blue in the face, the sad truth is, the little girl never had a choice in the matter. She is a victim of fate, as many are.

She was born in a small, peaceful village in the middle of nowhere, a happy place devoid of political influence and national disputes. It was this calm atmosphere which attracted the Archmage Armond Skeel, an aging wizard looking for retirement. His prescence wasn't unwelcome either, his skills scaring off any wandering horrors that may arrive nearby. But there came a dreaded day where the Archmage would fail to come to the villagers aid. He was sleeping in the woods that day, not an oddity to those who knew him there, as he was a laid back old man. But to those who knew his skill and experience they would find the fact that he let orcs sneak up to him in that state and slice his throat very unusual. The orcs proceeded to rush into the village, slaughtering and pillaging at will.

Anabelle was caught on the other side of the village than her home, unable to get back. Instead she ran from house to house, banging on the locked doors to be let in, but the scared occupants refused to risk it. She finally came upon an unlocked house, and ran inside to find it deserted. Wanting to find a hiding spot, she discovered an odd door leading to stairs that went deep underground. She followed the tunnel into the Archmages lab, the fact that she found it and encountered no wards another oddity lost to those of the village. Huddled in that basement lab, she wished she could do something to help. It was then she noticed the magical ritual prepared around her. Armond had taught her the basics of arcane skill, and his many tales of days long past made her believe this could be the key to saving the village.

As a child, she missed all the insinuations of the dangers of arcane energy. As far as she could tell, one need only read the scroll open in the middle of the room to complete the ritual. She struggled a bit with the unfamiliar writings, but she was a very smart child, and her lessons with the wizard paid off. She finished the scroll successfully, and a flash filled the room. She opened her eyes to see a massive unfamiliar creature before her. She was unable to recognize a demon. Casting the spell without any of the protective preperations active meant the demon was free to do whatever it felt like, including slaughtering her on the spot. To make matters worse, this was no average demon. This was very powerful demon, well on the way to becoming a Demon Lord. But demons have always been known for their chaotics tendancys. Instead of killing the child, he saw her as something useful, a smart, innocent, corruptable tool to further his powers in the abyss. After all, an 8 year old human girl just summoned him personally, a very impressive task. Acting in a very kind and noble matter, he agreed to save the grils village, and walked out of the house to face the assailants.

Before him stood the Archmage's old apprentice, Starling Bains. The man had paid off a villager to poison the Archmage's food with a mind control poison, causing the old man to disarm his house and fall asleep in the woods. This would allow Starling access to his prized treasure, the demon summoning ritual. And here his treasure looked him in the face, unbound and bloodthirsty, it shredded all the attackers in minutes, saving a third of the village.

The demon took Annabelle under his wing, schooling her in the arcane, and granting her access to powerful abilities to control demons. All the while he slowly worked at her kind, friendly personality, twisting her to be his perfect evil servant. When she was 12, he sent her on an errand, the first favor he ever asked of her. She was to bring an item of his to an old temple recently reopened about a weeks travel from the village. On the second day however, the was attacked by gnolls. As she normally would, the tried to summon demons to assist her, but her master had noticed the prescence of something unusual in the area. A Lionel was travelling nearby for some unknown reason. He resticed her ability to summon any protectors, and when the celestial being arrived at the scene, he simply saw a 12 year old girl being chased by gnolls. He stepped in and save her, and asked why she would be out in the middle of nowhere all alone. She told him she needed to do a task for a dear friend, and that hse didn't care about the danger.

The Lionel was moved by her conviction and assisted her travels to the temple. However, when she placed the item, a hoard of undead controlled by her master rose up and attack nearby villages, bringing the peace and tranquility of that region to an end. The Lionel was punished by his gods for aiding the girl, but their death scentence was swayed by the girls pitiful attempts to save the Lionel with her limited arcane power. Instead, he was cursed into the form of a Quasit, allowed only to retake his Lionel for for short periods, and tied to the girl as her familiar.

When Annabelle reached 15 years of age, her master was killed. Punishment for one of his many schemes gone bad. Annabelle was now freed from any control, and contained great power for someone of her age. She attracted much attention from extraplaner sources, demons and devils alike enthralled with her ability to control fiends. She has been to both Hell, and the Abyss, and has gotten out alive and unenslaved. While fate has yet to reveal her role in the grand scheme of things, there is no doubt she will have much influence on the future.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

One question though, would I be able to ignore the CE requirement for Demonologist and play as LE instead. In terms of the character concept, she has been morally corrupted by her demon infuences, but has yet to walk down the chaotic crazy road.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=Adept]Age: 31
Height: ?'?"
Weight: ?lb
Eyes: Saphire Blue
Hair: black with a silver streak
Skin: Light Tan

Code:
Race: Silverbrow Human         Class: Dragonfire Adept
Str: 14 +2         Level: 12       XP: ?
Dex: 16 +3         BAB: +6/+1      HP: ?
Con: 19 +4         Grapple: +8     Dmg Red: 2/magic
Int: 16 +3         Speed: 30'      Spell Res: N/A
Wis: 14 +2         Init: +3        Spell Save: N/A
Cha: 16 +3         ACP: ?          Alignment: ?
(Dex +1 at 4th, Cha +1 at 8th & Con +1 at 12th level)

AC: 25 (10 base + 3 dex + 5 armour + 2 defl + 3 nat. armor + 2 shield)
Touch: 15
Flat-Footed: 22

Saves:
FORT: +15 (8 base + 4 con + 3 res.)
REF: +10 (4 base + 3 dex + 3 res.)
WILL: +13 (8 base + 2 wis + 3 res.)

Bab: 6
Attacks: 

[U]Skills[/U]
Bluff: +8 (5 ranks + 3 Cha)
Concentration: +19 (15 ranks + 4 Con)
Knowledge Arcane: +8 (5 ranks + 3 Int)
Knowledge Dungeoneering: +8 (5 ranks + 3 Int)
Knowledge Local: +8 (5 ranks + 3 Int)
Listen: +17 (15 ranks + 2 Wis)
Spellcraft: +15 (10 ranks + 3 Int + 2 syn)
Spot: +17 (15 ranks + 2 Wis)
Use Magic Device: +18 (15 ranks + 3 Cha)

[U]Feats[/U]
B Dragontouched
H Ability Focus (Breath)
1 Draconic Aura: Energy (Cold)
3 Imp. Natural Armor
6 Extra Invocation
9 Hover
12 Extra Invocation

[B]Class Features[/B]

[U]Breath effects:[/U]
Frost Breath
Slow Breath
Thunder Breath
Enduring Breath

[U][B]Invocations[/B][/U]
[U]Least (2)[/U]
Endure Exposure
Magic Insight
See the Unseen
[U]Lesser (2)[/U]
Draconic Flight
Humanoid Shape
Voracious Dispelling
[U]Greater (1)[/U]
Chilling Fog

Languages: Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Goblin, Abyssal
[sblock=Equipment]Work in progress

Mithral Chain Shirt Twilight +1    5.100gp     12,5lbs
Ring of Protection + 2           8.000
Mithral buckler +1        2.015gp        2,5lbs
Vest of resistance + 3        9.000gp
Handy Haversack  2.000gp

Bedroll 1sp 5lbs
Scroll Case 1gp 0,5lbs
Flint and Steel 1gp
Pouch, Belt 1gp 0.5lbs
Traveller's Outfit 1gp (5 lbs)
Waterskin 1gp 4lbs
Rations
Whetstone 2cp 1lbs
Sunrod (x4) 8gp 4lbs
Healing potion (x4) 200gp

Wand of vigor, lesser   1.500gp
& Wand of restoration, lesser

remaining ?

or

Mithral Chain Shirt Twilight +1     10.100gp     12,5lbs
Ring of Protection + 2           8.000
Mithral light shield, moderate fortification  +1        17.009gp        3lbs
Vest of resistance + 3        9.000gp
Amulet of health

Waterskin 1gp 4lbs
Rations
Whetstone 2cp 1lbs
Sunrod (x4) 8gp 4lbs

Healing potion (x4) 200gp
Wand of vigor, lesser   1.500gp
& Wand of restoration, lesser

remaining ?[/sblock][/sblock]

Questions:
Include your rules regarding equipment (5+weapon) only magic item, or everything?
Can I have a shield as 6th magic item, but no weapon?
(I could change to light shield, It IS listed on the weapon table.)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases