Generally Speaking!

Goodbye

First Post
Ok so i hate being the one with the ill views and all. but it has to be said, everyone is thinking it and im just the lucky one saying it..

we all need to lighten up! honestly! ok, i admit that The Game really doesn't have anything to do with ISRP.. but there have been more random threads than that, and it was actually progressing into something meaningful! which is this:

it doesn't matter how old you are or why you're on ISRP, but if you dont like a thread, then dont read it! dont respond! its not that hard.. laugh a little, stop taking the cynacal/morbid/i-am-holier-than-thou approach, its not very nice yaknow.

oh! and yes i do have a point, my antidote to this horrible dose of complaining that everyone is having is very simple.. smile, laugh, have fun on this Haven from RL called ISRP.

*smiles! for everyone to see! and then skips like a fairy princess off to some other mythical land..*

Magi_Trelian

First Post
Goodbye said:
...it doesn't matter how old you are or why you're on ISRP, but if you dont like a thread, then dont read it! dont respond! its not that hard.. laugh a little, stop taking the cynacal/morbid/i-am-holier-than-thou approach, its not very nice yaknow. ...

It's not about the cynical/morbid/I-am-holier-than-thou approach. It's about not being relevant to ISRP, as many people have tried to tell you.

It's fine to chit-chat here when it's about ISRP matters and this can include anything as tangential as something particularly good or bad that happened in a player's real life, because their gaming friends might want to know and it might affect their ability to play, to continue story-lines. You could also have started a "Game" discussion/random-post thread elsewhere and said "if people are interested in something fun, go here."

But, you didn't. And you kept playing even when moderators said it wasn't appropriate.

When you can understand that, m'dear fairy princess, you're welcome to start posting again.

Midna

First Post
This is more for the defense of the lovely prancing Tinker-Bell, and it is my opinion that I am entitled too. I see the reason for the random thread to be put up of “THE GAME!” I’m aware it really has nothing to do with ISRP. But, people… come on really just pull your heads out of where the sun don’t shine and lighten up. Really! The post was put up for those that get it to laugh and see it, those that don’t to get the inside scoop on it. Simply to say it’s like the funny comics in the newspaper and what not, just something for everyone to laugh about. Frankly though it really does seem that all everyone can do is complain. How sad is that, complain and whine about what is not being done, or that they have their feelings hurt. So much lately I have with role-playing is just boring, no story lines hardly anyone willing to interact with one another, and others just shunning someone away. Are we really just that shallow and mean?

The moment that Game post came up it took people out of their norms and they had to get angry that someone was simply trying to have fun and make someone laugh. Why can’t they make another laugh? Everyone just is they acting like they’re god almighty sitting on his throne. Loosen up; you aren’t that grand or special when you act like it. Story lines have to be approved, can hardly have any sort of different character without breaking the CoC. Personally this site has run itself into the ground. Even when someone is able to make a character, you have what… two rooms that are hardly used that they are allowed in.

Really and I must though she will hate me, but Daelina her player or character.. Whichever wants to for The Meeting Place setting or in general thought it would be cool for zombie outbreak. Friends and I included thought it was SO COOL but yet we can’t have it on this site. Why? Not allowed, really why not? It would make a fun story line that would allow other players to get into, and would make such great fun drama. Hear that FUN! This site is boring, all there is, is some dance here some ball there, nothing. It needs new pizaz! New spunk, new faces, it needs to lighten up. Make mistakes, get messy, have fun! That’s what life is about, not complaining and waiting for the grass to grow.

So that is my peace. * Grabs Tinker-bell and shakes some fairy dust on thyself and flies off *

Ruthia

First Post
You know, I came home from work today and started laughing reading The Game, Part 2. I acctually thought it was funny and on a stressful first day it was what I needed....

Well that is till I got to the parts of people ripping on said thread and of course closing it for reason that must be valid because they made the rules.......right?

Well, not voicing my oppinions there, but offering a few solutions. Does EN World have a spam Boards? I know Wizards use too, in fact it was top board in the Community section. And if they don't, well come here. http://z15.invisionfree.com/PlasteredPegasus/index.php? Imreis' player and I will gladly allow you to have your fun there, we honestly don't care long as your not swearing and fighting :)

Magi_Trelian

First Post
Ruthia said:
...Well, not voicing my oppinions there, but offering a few solutions. Does EN World have a spam Boards? I know Wizards use too, in fact it was top board in the Community section. And if they don't, well come here. http://z15.invisionfree.com/PlasteredPegasus/index.php? Imreis' player and I will gladly allow you to have your fun there, we honestly don't care long as your not swearing and fighting :)

Those are excellent suggestions.

EN World does have an off-topic forum here: http://www.enworld.org/forumdisplay.php?f=108

But the EN World main messageboards have so many others around that people may feel more community-connected at your site. Thank you, Ruthia!

Magi_Trelian

First Post
Midna said:
One of the Magis' answer my question. This is for Shistal being one of her friends, is she banned?

Unfortunately, I can't answer that, regardless of what's true or not.

We've always had a policy where we don't talk about a ban with anyone other than the banned person, unless it's been blatant enough on the boards that it's an insta-ban.

The person involved can tell you, if you're her friend. If it's not clear enough to them what the situation is, then please, please, have them send an e-mail to isrpmagi@gmail.com and we'll try to straighten it out.

One problem with boards violations is that on EN World you can't send PMs to people on the messageboards unless they are paid subscribers. :p

Simple game simple rules...those threads were hilarious. I feel that they LOST THE simple meaning of that GAME. But hey they say laughter is the best medicine. so thatnk you for the laughter.

Laughing father of three

Remove ads