Sources of images for use as tokens

I've modded Ninjas, Bards and a couple of others so here is the revised version.

Attachments

• deluxe kobolds.PNG
    deluxe kobolds.PNG
    145.3 KB · Views: 1,128

frankthedm

First Post
Listen up, thedungeondelver has posted up 4 old school modules for free.
http://www.enworld.org/forum/genera...e-free-adventure-modules-delvers-dungeon.html

Been making some counter sheets for the modules. Since i don't remember the official 1E base standards, I went with circle inside of square. For size, I went with my favorite standard, Small= 3/4"[close to 20mm], medium = 1"and most large 1.5" {close to 40mm]. I have a hunch that mediums might be better on 3/4", but was not sure about that.

Ready to print Counter sheets
- DM's Eyes only - Major spoilers

img523.imageshack.us/img523/2973/ddpart1pf9.png
img523.imageshack.us/img523/7453/ddpart2ak7.png
img13.imageshack.us/img13/1038/ddpart3cl9.png
img160.imageshack.us/img160/6371/ddpart4cr0.png
img523.imageshack.us/img523/8379/ddpart5ha4.png
img179.imageshack.us/img179/7741/ddpart6pa9.png
img403.imageshack.us/img403/9494/ddpart7ic4.png
img168.imageshack.us/img168/4392/ddpart8zt9.png

[sblock=WGH2-5 Counter sheet thumbnails]
Sheets #1-4 should be 6.75" by 9.75". If they show up smaller, let me know and I'll try re-upping them. Rest are 7'x10".

Dragons of differing sizes [1"x2", 1.5"x3" & 2"x4"] were made available since a DM's opinion on how much space a dragon mini deserves may vary.

Sprite rippers include: Grim, emonoya, CACM, Bogleech, neosiris, SmithyGCN, Ryan914 , EXE, Blue99, Mr.P,, D , Locke_gb7l, Boo & VGS.net
[/sblock]
I love 1E body counts!

If anyone has suggestions for more, speak up. Speaking of, does anyone want the large grey oozes, carrion crawlers & antlion as 1"x2" cavalry base units rather than 1.5" square / round units in the above counter sheets?

Last edited:

frankthedm

First Post
Here is a 1st edition bandit encounter. Should have enough warm bodies for the maximum number encountered in 1E. The missing tokens are the 7th level Lieutenant, the Commander, the wizard and the horses [ working on the horses ATM].
Originally Posted by wcpfish
Oh, and if I may make a request it would have to be for large numbers of humanoids (kobold, goblins, skeletons, soldiers, etc with at-a-glance major differences such as one with a shield, one with a plumed helm, one with dual daggers, etc so that the band is all obviously the same creature but easy to differentiate individuals). I notice in many cases you have already done this! :D
I am fairly sure each one of the bandits are unique. The base bandits are told apart by their lurid clothing colours though so anyone who is color blind may have some trouble.

dorward said:
Does anyone know a good source of graphics that can represent various D&D monsters and which are distinguishable at 22mm square?
Basing standard for these is the older human mini = 20mm base.

img530.imageshack.us/img530/6430/classicbandithorde1.png
img365.imageshack.us/img365/6136/classicbanditp32.png

Sprites ripped by
Grim, SmithyGCN, Croix & CACM,

EDIT: Got a sheet of horses [roughly 20mmx40mm each] and the Lieutenant.

Last edited:

frankthedm

First Post
here is a counter sheet for Juiblex along with the slimes that accompany It. Extra counters are included since grey oozes/black puddings vary in size by HP and since ochre jellies/black puddings can split. Of interesting note, ochre jellies only split by lightning in 1E.

Juiblex with full 1E entourage counter sheet

frankthedm

First Post
Thanks a bunch Frank.

Do you print these on regular paper? How do you get that 'hard back' quality to them? Otherwise, they're just pieces of paper (easily disturbed) on the battlemat?
I've found that printing out the counters and templates on normal paper then sticking them onto the sticky side of a cheap self stick vinyl tile makes a very solid backing.

I also like the tiles for easy miniatures basing.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Hi Frank!

I have a special request that I've left a little late.

I'm running a one-off game on Saturday morning that features plenty of Azer - would you, by any chance, be able to rustle up a sheet of fiery dwarves for me?

I'm also going to be using some Firelashers, and with WotC putting up the MM1 pictures on their site I wondered if you'd be able to grab those and turn them into counters, too?

It'll need to be done by 4.30pm UK time on Friday, as that's the last chance I really have to print it off at work. Sorry again for the short notice!

I also need to say thank you for the Fire Giants, fiery dogs and other counters that I've used form this thread!

frankthedm

First Post
Last edited:

Remove ads