Zombie Plague

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willow_Calypso

First Post
Lately I keep reading the mention of folks being upset because the TMP coordinator will not allow a zombie outbreak, and I am curious how much the playability of a zombie outbreak IN the TMP was thought out.

This is just my take on why a zombie outbreak would NOT work in the TMP; bullet style in no particular order.

1. Not all TMP characters (or players) would want their characters to suddenly become zombie food, because technically zombies are not selective and they attack instinctively and randomly. That means that they would violate the 'no fighting' rule, because most normal people would resist a zombie taking a bite out of them.

2. A zombie takeover would happen rapidly, not gradually. They're not vampires or werewolves. They fed twenty four hours a day. New York would be taken over in a matter of days and most non-zombie people would vacate or not go to a bar.

3. Zombies cannot open doors. How would they get inside of the TMP without breaking windows or busting down doors without violating the rules of destroying setting property? Would you open a door for somebody who is beating on the door while they moan and grunt loudly on the other side?

4. All the hidden vampire characters would eradicate the zombies immediately. They're stronger and faster.

5. The Meeting Place is in uptown Manhattan, therefore there would be a ton of people to feast on before they’d ever make it to the night club.

Why a zombie outbreak WOULD work in Carpe DM or Ahoy Adventure.

1. Players can volunteer to be part of the storyline.

2. Playing times can be coordinated.

3. A particular setting can be made for the storyline turning it into one of those heavily sought-out adventures folks have been asking for. Example:

A government funded secret medical testing facility has been experimenting with a new virus from some third world country and the virus causes symptoms similar to zombie(ism). A group of characters have been sent into the locked down facility to eradicate those who have been infected before they’re able to break free and infect the city.

4. It would not break any previously established rules, because Carpe DM & Ahoy Adventure is a free room to use as however you like with the exclusion of massive orgies.

I thought this thread could breed discussion and perhaps result in a way for those players interested in dabbling in zombie play a way to actually achieve this scenario.

Last edited by a moderator:

Midna

First Post
Actually the Zombie outbreak has taken place but on a DIFFERENT SITE! And only with those interested. Those interested are allowed to make a zombie, the hero, the hero to die and what not or all of them. So there is the answer to it, and all of those interested in the zombie outbreak find Daelina!

Willow_Calypso

First Post
Good, then this can apply to those who would be interested to do something similar on THIS site in Carpe DM or Ahoy Adventure. Nothing applies to one singular group.

shistal

First Post
Okay its been thought through and this Zombie outbreak is happening and my friend Minda has mention its going to another site so miss willow just be quiet because oveiously you don't know a thing out what we have plan for this storyline so just stop right now and leave us alone. Oh and yes people who WANT to join yes contact Daelina. So leave us alone Miss Willow.

Bari

First Post
shistal said:
so miss willow just be quiet because oveiously you don't know a thing out what we have plan for this storyline so just stop right now and leave us alone.

Okay, what was -that-??

Willow_Calypso

First Post
shistal said:
Okay its been thought through and this Zombie outbreak is happening and my friend Minda has mention its going to another site so miss willow just be quiet because oveiously you don't know a thing out what we have plan for this storyline so just stop right now and leave us alone. Oh and yes people who WANT to join yes contact Daelina. So leave us alone Miss Willow.

You are very condescending and rude. I was trying to be helpful. I hope your storyline works out for you and you someday realize that you're cutting yourself off at the legs with your stark immaturity.

shistal

First Post
No you are very condescending and rude Miss Willow you don't know a thing about we have plan for the Zombie outbreak in Modern NewYork you need to just back off and leave the people who are planing it alone, we've already talked with the Magi's and they said no. So you who doesn't know a thing need to leave us who are planing and get player to join, alone

Bari

First Post
No, that was attacking someone that, since she didn't know it was actually hosted elsewhere, was trying to offer people an opportunity to play something here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases