Kill Bargle! Pathfinder RPG OOC Thread

I've looked over the characters and can't find anything majorly wrong with them, so we should be ready to start. We're still missing our Cleric (Candide), but we can certainly get things going for now and have him join our program already in progress when he gets back.

I'll post our first IC post as quickly as possible. This will be a little different from most standard PbP games, as your characters have known each other for years. I'm assuming that everyone has all the equipment they need for a possibly extended dungeon crawl. In case you run out of stuff, the nearest village is only a few hours walk away, so you can always reequip yourselves later.

So it looks like we lost Candide. I guess he found this to not be the "best of all possible worlds". Heh.

That's from Voltaire's "Candide", which he wrote back in 1759. I've always wanted to run a d20 game set in colonial times. Hey, maybe I'll run a Northern Crown game after this one. But I digress ...

So I guess we're looking for another cleric. Anyone out there interested? We could do it without one if you like, although it might get a little hairy since you don't have at least a Wand of Cure Light Wounds.

Anyone want to join our crew? I say we get started IC ASAP, and then add the last person as soon as possible. Does that make sense?

BrOp

Redclaw

First Post
Thieren Hammersoul
Male Dwarf Cleric 3
Deity: Torag
Domains: Earth, Good
Hit Dice: 3d8 +9 Con +8 racial (37 Hit Points)
Alignment: Neutral Good
Languages: Common, Dwarven, Elemental

Str: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Dex: 10 (+0) [2 points]
Con: 16 (+3) [6 points +2 Racial]
Int: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Wis: 16 (+3) [6 points +2 Racial]
Cha: 13 (+1) [8 points -2 Racial]

Init +0 (+0 dex)
AC: 19 (7 Armor +2 Shield +0 dex, additional +4 vs. Giants)

BAB: +2
CMB: +4 (+2 BAB, +2 Str, additional +4 vs bull rush or trip)
ACP: -8

Speed: 20 ft

Attacks
Warhammer +5 melee (1d8+2)
Acid Dart +2 ranged touch (1d6+1)
Dagger +4 melee/+2 thrown (1d4+2)
(all +1 vs. goblins and orcs)

Feats and Powers
Combat Casting (Level 1)
Turn Undead 4/day (2d6) DC 14
Touch of Good (Good Domain) +3
Acid Dart (Earth Domain) (1d6+1 ranged touch)
Protection from Evil 1/day (Good Domain)
Magic Stone 1/day (Earth Domain)
Improved Turning (Level 3)

Darkvision 60’
Stonecunning
+2 on Taste and Touch perception checks
Use Appraise untrained with nonmagical items
Weapon Familiarity
Stability (+4 to resist bull rush or trip)

Skills
Craft (armorsmithing) +6 (2 +3 class skill +1 Int)
Heal +8 (2 +3 class skill +3 Wis)
Knowledge (religion) +6 (2 +3 class skill +1 Int)
Spellcraft +7 (3 +3 Class Skill, +1 Int) (+4 for defensive casting)

Spells
Level 0 (4/day, DC 13) -
Level 1 (3/day, DC 14) -
Level 2 (2/day, DC 15) –

Saves
Fortitude +6 (+3 base, +3 Con)
Reflex +1 (+1 base, +0 Dex)
Will +6 (+3 base, +3 Wis)
+2 vs poison, spells and spell-like abilities

Possessions
2,700 gp, no single item may be worth more than half this value (i.e. 1,350 gp)
MW Half-Plate (750gp)
Heavy Steel Shield (20 gp)
MW Warhammer (312 gp)
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (750)
Scroll of Comprehend Languages (25 gp)
Scroll of Consecrate (200gp)
Scroll of Remove Paralysis (150 gp)
Scroll of Lesser Restoration (150 gp)
Backpack (2gp)
Scroll Case (1gp)
Flask (3cp)
MW Artisan's Tools (55 gp)
Waterskin (1gp)
Cleric's Vestments --
Healer's Kit (50gp)
Holy Symbol, Silver (25 gp)

208 gp 9 sp 7cp

Background: Thieren lived in Janderhof, learning the art of armorsmithing, and the worship of Torag. He was widely respected for the promise he showed in both areas. One day, the Forge-Priests summoned him into their presence. There they told him of an ancient suit of armor, sacred to Torag and his followers. This armor had been lost for centuries, having disappeared while in the possession of Graelen Frostbeard, a dwarven paladin of Torag, while he adventured in the distant Malgorian mountains. They told him that he had been chosen to search for that suit of armor, to make its recovery his life's work.

Leaving Janderhof, Thieren searched for any clue of Graelen's path. While in the city of Nybor, Thieren met a scholar of some local renown. This scholar, Bargle, claimed to have some information, and offered to help Thieren's search. He explained that he needed funds to secure the tomes that would guide their search, and thus recruited Thieren for his adventure into the Mushfens. On this journey, Thieren came to respect, and even admire, Bargle's other employees, so much so that when Bargle betrayed them, he decided to stay with them and search the traitor out, rather than return directly to his search.

[sblock=Experience]
Starting=3,300[/sblock]
[sblock=image]
Dwarf_Hammer_Color.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Thanks for posting your character, Redclaw. He's in as far as I am concerned.

Here are a few things:

Redclaw said:
Str: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Dex: 10 (+0) [2 points]
Con: 16 (+3) [6 points +2 Racial]
Int: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Wis: 16 (+3) [6 points +2 Racial]
Cha: 13 (+1) [8 points -2 Racial]

Attacks
Warhammer +4 melee (1d8+2)
Since you state below that this is a masterwork warhammer, the attack bonus should be +5 (+2 BAB, +2 Str, +1 MW).

Redclaw said:
Skills
Craft (armorsmithing) +7 (3 +3 class skill +1 Int)
Heal +9 (3 +3 class skill +3 Wis)
Knowledge (religion) +7 (3 +3 class skill +1 Int)
Spellcraft +7 (3 ranks, +3 Class Skill, +1 Int) (+4 for defensive casting)
Clerics get 2 + Int skill ranks per level, which means you should have 9 skill ranks total, instead of 12.

Everything else looks good! Once you've made the adjustments (or shown me that I've made a mistake), please post your character to the Rogues' Gallery.

BrOp

Redclaw

First Post
Branding Opportunity said:
Thanks for posting your character, Redclaw. He's in as far as I am concerned.

Here are a few things:

Since you state below that this is a masterwork warhammer, the attack bonus should be +5 (+2 BAB, +2 Str, +1 MW).
Oops. I forgot to go back and adjust that after shopping. :)
Thanks for the catch.

Branding Opportunity said:
Clerics get 2 + Int skill ranks per level, which means you should have 9 skill ranks total, instead of 12.
I was going with the Pathfinder rules, which don't have skill points per level. I should get 2+ Int modifier trained skills at 1st level, then another trained skill at 3rd level. Are we not using that system?

Redclaw said:
I was going with the Pathfinder rules, which don't have skill points per level. I should get 2+ Int modifier trained skills at 1st level, then another trained skill at 3rd level. Are we not using that system?
I think you're looking at the first release of the Pathfinder RPG Alpha Playtest. When Part II was released (which included the Barbarian, Sorcerer, Paladin, and Druid classes) they changed the skill system as well. You can download the most recent version on the Paizo website.

The new system gives you 2 + Int bonus in skill points per level to spend, without doing the X4 multiplier at first level. Any time you use a class skill (Appraise (Int), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (history) (Int), Knowledge (nobility) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Knowledge (planes) (Int), Linguistics (Int), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int)), you gain a +3 bonus.

BrOp

It has begun!

I've started our IC GAME.

Please pick a color for all spoken text.

Please keep OOC comments in the IC thread to a minimum. If you have to include it, please place sblocks around it.

I would like to keep to a posting speed of one post/day during the week, with no set speed on weekends. I realize that this is not always possible. Once we are in combat rounds, if you do not post your actions within 48 hours of my last combat summary, I will NPC you for the next round, and I am not that creative ;)

If you are going to be away from the boards for more than three days, please let us know here. It's not a problem, but I don't want to assume you've gone AWOL. If you loose interest or life becomes too busy for the foreseeable future, please let us know as well. I can always temporarily NPC you, or find another player if that becomes necessary.

I hope you have fun!

BrOp

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases