Kill Bargle! Pathfinder RPG OOC Thread

Ilium

First Post
Thanks, WD, I've looked in more detail. Looks like I would:

1) Lose a feat. This isn't too bad because I can drop Weapon Finesse, as...
2) Acidic Touch becomes Acidic Ray, same damage. Sweet. :)
3) Bonus Spell Known! In my case it would be Enlarge Person, which I could lay on the big fighter types.
4) Nothing. :) The class skill is nice, but I'm short on actual skill points, so I probably won't use it. Of course in Pathfinder, I think I get a +3 on the skill anyway, right?

So rather than mixing it up in melee, Terry can hang back a bit more and use his extended reach to lay Enlarge Person on allies. If I do all this, I might want to swap out Chill Touch for something else...Maybe Grease to get a little battlefield control going. I might also want to swap out Improved Initiative (which I only took because it was a bloodline feat) for Point-Blank Shot.

So, BrOp, should I upgrade, or leave Terry as he is?

Ilium said:
So, BrOp, should I upgrade, or leave Terry as he is?
Feel free to update him to the new specs. Since we're playtesting the rules, we might as well be working on the same ones everyone else is.

What do people think of the Pathfinder RPG so far?

Redclaw

First Post
I haven't really seen much of it, but it seems headed in the right direction for a 3.52. I like the way some of the changes read, but I'm interested to see what happens as we level up once or twice.

The Rolling Man

First Post
I'm downloading the new version of the rules as we speak. As for my opinion of the pathfinder rules, I like a lot of the changes they made (such as less skills and a simplified class/cross-class skill system, changing polymorph) but it's hard to judge without much playing time.

The Rolling Man

First Post
After quickly reviewing the new release of the rules, here's the few changes I'd like to do to Lanandro (with our approval BrOp).
  • Lose Improved Initiative since we don't get a bloodline feat until lvl 7
  • Replace Arcane Strike with Precise Shot. Now that the bloodline power is a ray, I don't need to rely so much on my Starknifes.
  • Gain Eschew materials (and remove the component pouch from Lanandro's possessions) and the Burning hands spell (electricity subtitution) as they are new bonuses.
  • Swap Ray of Frost for Prestigitation. The Bloodline power makes the ray more or less useless.
Walking Dad said:
Bloodline class skill

most melee touch abilities became ranged touch

bonus spells known!
Also, we get cantrips at will like the other spellcasters (I really wonder why it wasn't the case in the first place) and get eschew materials as a bonus feat (not a huge change).
Illium said:
Maybe Grease to get a little battlefield control going.
Just fyi, Lanandro has grease. I don't mind you taking it too but I wanted to point it out.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases