OOC for The Lost Son

Leif

Adventurer
Jerrand Redband said:
That is o.k. with me i love to play mischievous pseudodragons lol that would be a cool familiar or since your an elf it could be a fairy dragon whatever you like not going to control the character building as long as the role playing stays good. Speaking of which here are a couple house rules:(bad word not really rules)
Still waiting for the "House (non-)Rules"! :) You'll find that house rules are very common in enworld games, I think....

Jerrand Redband

First Post
House Non-Rules

sorry got called away here i go again:

1.)Descriptions: Please try to be very descriptive in your post and not just actions, but a look on your characters face as two people are talking or your watching something and things like spells if you want to cast something and make it unique (like casting shield and it glows pink & yellow) go ahead. Remember others may be reading are thread lets make it fun for us and them.

2.)NPC's: Names are important if i don't give a npc a name then he is 99% likely just to be fluff or because your in a bar there is a barkeep. Important npc's will have a name and others will just be "labeled" the cook, the merchant, etc. Also important is you may control some of the actions of the npcs as long as it doesn't ruin the balance, meaning you can have the barmaid bring you a drink but not have a blacksmith give you his fathers full plate for free. Most of the control should just be to make the story come to life we will try it and i'm sure everything will be o.k.

3.) I will be posting monsters hp and ac's during combat. This is mainly to be fair. i know your hp and acs so if i want my ogre barbarian to use power attack i would know what would be the best numbers to use. Or if i have a evil wizard cast magic missle he may know excatly who it would hurt the most. So you should have the same options.

4.) XP: A very important subject I believe that if you live through an encounter than you recieve experience points for it defeating an encounter is not needed only learning from it. If your party sneaks past the sleeping beholder than they have learned how to be sneaky, if they talk their way around being disintergated because they weren't sneaky then they've learned to be diplomatic both earn the same xp because both gave the same result you survived. Combat should only be a resort if you can't help it and 9 out of 10 times an encounter with a beholder may lead to fighting just as most encounters with monsters will lead to combat but always look for an alternative. Second point i believe D&D is about the group so you should let those in the party do their jobs example a thief is ahead of the party scouting, around a bend is two goblin guards the thief should turn around and report what he found then let the fighter step up to take them on or the wizard to cast a sleep spell. You get bonus experience for doing your part and for letting others do theirs so define your roles as a group and i will reward all of you accordingly(don't play the hero because you want your character to try his cool fighting style- he'll always get a chance). This leads to playing your character another bonus i like to give is when you have your character do something (even though you know that it is stupid or going to lead to trouble) that is a part of his character. Base your reactions on alignment, background, and what your character has learned from earlier adventures and you'll get bonus xp i like handing out bonus xp because it means everybody is having fun. And lastly (sorry) completing the adventure is more important than seeking monsters and traps for xp because i will take all remainder encounters and give them as story awarded xp and you don't have to even take your sword out of your sheath and risk . If your worried about treasure don't be because whatever you may have found will be put into a different encounters treasure pile. So if the quest is to find the wizards lost wand and you find it in the second room then getting out is the same as going through the rest of the dungeon just not as dangerous.

well thanks for letting me rant since pbp is a more roleplaying style system i think there won't be to much worry about xp

Last edited:

jcb2772

First Post
Boy!! Is that a read, glad I already know all of it. :cool: New that I have to type my descriptions, (I type with two fingers) so I guess when they get tired I still have eight more.
Is everything on my character sheet ready it's the same as the one I e-mailed you. Let me know. What do I do on the 21st?? What time is the game??

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Everything is going good there is no set time for starting the adventure I will be posting the start up tomorrow around noon you can jump in anytime after that your character looks good since i helped you with it your ready just look for The Lost Son in the playing the...
thread

jcb2772

First Post
I'm ready

I'll be online tomorrow so there's no problem there. Just came from the Rogue's Gallery saw all the other characters is that allowed??

Leif

Adventurer
I made some very minor changes to Fethwynyth, like I picked out the languages he knows based on his intelligence, and added the thing about using quarterstaff as a double weapon. Maybe something else, too, but it was so minor that I can't remember.

Jerrand Redband

First Post
That small huh could it have been the spellbook hope so i 'll go check and i missed the langauges good catch but unless you took switharian then it won't matter for this adventure lol

Leif

Adventurer
Here's how you hide stuff:

type this, without the spaces: [ s b l o c k = name of character the message is for] secret message [/sblock]

and if you type it without the spaces it'll look like this:

[sblock=Jerrand Redband]this would be the secret message[/sblock]

Jerrand Redband

First Post
[sblock=Leif] Thanks this will come in handy and now if i could make my links shorter and cooler I'd be like my idol Leif P.S. I see your 3 posts away from 3000 very cool[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases