Threads/page and posts/page reduced

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We've reduced the number of theads shown on one page, and the number of posts shown on each page of a thread, to 20 in an effort to reduce the server load and thus speed up the server. We've also limited CM to member viewing only (no guests).

Hopefuly this will make a difference overall.

bento

Explorer
No speed up for me, but I noticed fewer threads per page right off the bat.

I thought maybe my monitor had gotten larger....

ThirdWizard

First Post
I'm still showing the 40 posts per page page numbers in the main forums for some reason, so now I can't jump to the last page.

If that makes no sense (and it probably doesn't) a thread will say its 6 pages when its really 12 (@ 20 per) or 4 pages when its really 8 (@20 per), and so I can't click on the 12th page or 8th page (or whatever).

I went to my Account to try to change it, but since it doesn't show the posts per page option anymore, I don't know what I can do to fix it.

DrSpunj

Explorer
I noticed it right away, too, since I had set my preferences for 40 per page I think. No biggie, but currently I'm getting 15 posts per page, not the 20 Morrus stated. I looked at the "edit options" part of my control panel and my only two choices are now "Use Forum Default" and "Show Posts Per Page" without any number listed like it used to be. It doesn't seem to matter which I've set it to as I still only get 15 posts per page.

It did make me wonder when I refreshed my tabs and saw the Racial Benefits, Multiclassing & the GSL threads had all gained about 10-15 pages over night! :)

Thanks.

Orius

Legend
I was wondering about that. I had 30 posts per page, and it's down to 15 now. Some of the topics I was in seemed like they had gotten pretty active with the number of pages basically doubling.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Ah, okay then. I was wondering what was going on and came to meta to ask about it. No need to anymore it seems. Is this temporary? Does it go away with EN2? I like mine with 40 posts/page

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases