will be given. The current understanding is that the finished
adventure will not be published till October. You can donate any size
amount you want. The current minimum donation is $30.00 for full
access to the discussions and a PDF of the final product. Patrons with
a donation of $100 or more will also gain access to a play test game
Wolfgang will run at GenCon plus a print copy of the adventure, signed
by him.

This is a great way to learn about how 4E changes adventure design
along side a professional who will be learning the system himself.

For more information on how it works, and discussion on the project
please see the Kobold Quarterly forum here :
http://www.koboldquarterly.com/kqforums/viewtopic.php?t=137

Or Open Design's LiveJournal for more information:
http://open-design.livejournal.com/

Admiral Caine

First Post
Just to add

My understanding is that this would be parallel to his 3.5 Projects. That is, Wrath of the River King would not be set in Zobeck, and would be independent of his 3.5 work (as required by the GSL, and subject to Wolfgang actually reviewing the GSL).

Admiral Caine

First Post
Jack99 said:
$100 is a lot for a simple adventure, but I guess the process itself could be worth it.

/consider

Actually that would be $30.00 for the process and the adventure (it would be in PDF format).

A $100.00 gets you all that.. plus an autographed print copy, and a seat at Wolfgang's table at Gencon..

There's no shame in going the $30.00 route, that is what I'm doing.

And actually, I think he's taking donations at any level. I'm not sure what a lower amount gets you (hence I didn't elaborate too much), but to be involved in the discussions you need to donate at least $30.00.

Hey! That's a great question ask him! That is, what do you get for a donation less than $30.00, I encourage you to head over and ask him. :D

Caliber

Explorer
Make sure to post the answer back here, in case some people are both interested and lazy.

Not that I know anyone like that ... ;)

Admiral Caine

First Post
Caliber said:
Make sure to post the answer back here, in case some people are both interested and lazy.

Not that I know anyone like that ... ;)

Your wish is my command!

Per Wolfgang, any donation less than $30.00 will get you the complete adventure, in PDF format. You will not, however get the discussion, or his design essays, those come with the $30 minimum.

Design Essays? I forgot to mention those. With every Open Design Project Wolfgang writes a set number of design essays regarding Adventure Design. As in how to do design adventures! Tips from a pro!

On a side note, it's a little tricky to describe the process, but over the couple of months you get the opportunity to see how a professionally published adventure is designed, from start to finish. As parts of it get done, you can ask him about it and receive answers. You can make suggestions, bounce ideas, and you talk with all the other patrons. Patrons do have influence over the final product. The art and maps are of professional quality. Sometimes there are polls. It's pretty fun.. and for $30.00 you're still getting a full length adventure at the end of it. It is a PDF, but you're paying for more than just the adventure, and you really get what you put into the process with your own participation.

And this time, Wolfgang doesn't know the system any better than you do, so this one's going to be particularly interesting.. because an industry veteran has to take the hood off of the system and learn it alongside of you.

All I can say, if you have $30.00 to spend on an adventure, take a safe gamble and give Open Design a try. His second Open Design Project, Castle Shadowcrag, was an Ennie Winner...

Jack99

Adventurer
Admiral Caine said:
Actually that would be $30.00 for the process and the adventure (it would be in PDF format).

A $100.00 gets you all that.. plus an autographed print copy, and a seat at Wolfgang's table at Gencon..

Yeah. I do realize that $30 would get me the PDF. But I must admit that I am not a big fan of PDF, I prefer my gaming material on paper! And yet I am looking forward to the DDI.. I guess I am a man of contradictions.

Admiral Caine

First Post
Jack99 said:
Yeah. I do realize that $30 would get me the PDF. But I must admit that I am not a big fan of PDF, I prefer my gaming material on paper! And yet I am looking forward to the DDI.. I guess I am a man of contradictions.

Wolfgang usually does have a deal set up with Lulu for those that want to order a reasonably priced paper copy to go along with it..

And you get your name in the book as a Patron.. :D

Sorry, I'm a shill today...

Jack99

Adventurer
Admiral Caine said:
Wolfgang usually does have a deal set up with Lulu for those that want to order a reasonably priced paper copy to go along with it..

And you get your name in the book as a Patron.. :D

Sorry, I'm a shill today...

Ah, so I could (possibly) pay $30 dollars in support and become a patron, and then buy a non-signed copy for another $20-$30 (guesstimate)? That does sound a tad more interesting.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases