Mouse Guard

Voadam

Legend
Neat, sounds like a custom or possibly burning wheel variant for the system though.

I liked the comic book when I read the graphic novel in the library, should be fun.

Festivus

First Post
Not interested in the RPG (at least not now, perhaps when the kids are older) but I do like the look of the comic. I'll have to check the library and see if they have a copy.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Hmmm. Interesting. I kind of hope it comes with a custom-built system, rather than a BW variant, as BW's appeal seems limited to a rather small group of people. More importantly, after trying to love it for more than a year, I know that I'm not part of that group -- but I am a fan of Mouse Guard (and the unrelated but similar Red Wall, Secret of NIMH, etc).

Pbartender

First Post
Driddle said:
merely FYI: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=16297

The medieval adventures of mice warriors Kenzie, Lieam and Saxon in the hugely acclaimed and Eisner-nominated comic book series "Mouse Guard" branch out into the realm of role-playing games in August, when series creator David Petersen and publisher Archaia Studios Press debut "Mouse Guard RPG" at Gen Con. ...

Mouse Guard is the graphic novel that got my 10-year-old autistic son interested in fictional writing for the first time ever this spring.

Excellent book... It's kind of like Redwall meets Frank Miller.

I'll have to check out the RPG this fall. It could be a good intro to RPGs for my kids.

buzz

Adventurer
FYI:

Luke Crane over on story-games.com said:
Luke - Am I going to be able to open this game book and have my wife and our 14 and 11 year-old daughters guarding mice in a hour, two hours? (I've never played Burning Wheel or Burning Empire)

Yes.
Comments from some people who have played demos have also asserted that Mouse Guard will be easier/simpler than BW or BE.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
buzz said:
Comments from some people who have played demos have also asserted that Mouse Guard will be easier/simpler than BW or BE.

Well, that's good. Pairing Mouse Guard with full-blown Burning Wheel seems like overkill -- I wouldn't buy that based on complexity factor alone, despite my love for Mouse Guard. I might buy a 'light' version of Burning Wheel coupled with Mouse Guard.

Remove ads