Keep on the Shadowfell for FR and Eberron

Mort_Q

First Post
WotC_GregB said:
Gleemax

Other projects include editing and writing adaptations of Keep on the Shadowfell and Thunderspire Labyrinth for the Forgotten Realms setting and Eberron setting. Keep on the Shadowfell has extensive support for both settings, and the articles should be released shortly after the adventure hits the stores. Stephen Radley-McFarland wrote the Eberron adaptation and I wrote the Forgotten Realms adaptation. Each of these has the tools for setting Keep on the Shadowfell within the setting and adding the nuanced details that can help bring the adventure to life. For FR, this means getting additional encounters and a vivid backdrop for the story. For Eberron, there are a few Eberron-specific creatures, an intrigue-laden plot, and two additional pre-gen characters. Regardless of whether a DM intends to run an FR or Eberron campaign, I think both adaptations have material to offer. Thunderspire Labyrinth should have similar support.

Yay for Eberronification!!!! :D

Frostmarrow

First Post
Mort_Q said:
Yay for Eberronification!!!! :D

This is good news. I like how WoTC continue to support what they have started. It also makes good business sense. So now we've got Points of Light (DM's playground), FR (rich high fantasy) and Eberron (modern pulpy fantasy). This covers a lot, regardless how one might feel about the respective settings.

Last edited:

Shroomy

Adventurer
Yeah, this is win-win for me and ups the potential for reuse since the two adaptations will be somewhat different (with a lot of the work already done).

Mort_Q

First Post
I wonder how much insight this will give us on the various 4e cosmologies?

It's a loooooooooong wait for 4e Eberron....

Frostmarrow

First Post
Mort_Q said:
I wonder how much insight this will give us on the various 4e cosmologies?

It's a loooooooooong wait for 4e Eberron....

You know, as far as comebacks are concerned I think Eberron will make a bigger bang than FR will. Eberron is kind of weird. Well-produced but there are some strange elements there. Now, this second time around I think the audience is ready for Eberron. I hope it will deliver. And I do hope they will ditch that silly design motto: everything in the core books has a place in Eberron. Less is more.

Mostlyjoe

Explorer
Mmmm. Gets me thinking that their modular use books will tie together nicely through D&D Insider. Imagine any H1 through E10? module with online. This is how you plug FR, Eberron, Dark Sun in rules!!!

Destil

Explorer
WotC_GregB said:
For Eberron, there are a few Eberron-specific creatures, an intrigue-laden plot, and two additional pre-gen characters.
... warforged / shifter / gnome / changeling MM preview, please?

Shroomy

Adventurer
I have a feeling that the philosophy that everything in D&D is in Eberron (and technically, it was everything in core D&D is in Eberron) will also be carried over to the FR. It makes sense for the two main settings to feature all those elements, even if they are somewhat modified to fit into the actual campaign settings. I think we'll actually be seeing this kind of mission statement in all the future campaign settings.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases