Strahd's "RttToEE"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Sniffing the air Lenuran gets a small whiff of what lies ahead.

"Not again," he moans. "I didn't like the hard rations going down. I certainly won't like them coming back up."

OCC: Last in INIT gives me time on what to decide to do.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Miltiades - cleric 6

The pries calls forth an ally from the plane of Air!

[action: full round] cast summon monster 3 to summon a small air elemental.
once summoned he will order it to flank with the valiant dwarf!
next round plan: spiritial weapon

[sblock= Air elemental, small]
Air Elemental, Small
Size/Type: Small Elemental (Air, Extraplanar)
Hit Dice: 2d8+4 (13 hp)
Initiative: +7
Speed: Fly 100 ft. (perfect) (20 squares)
Armor Class: 17 (+1 size, +3 Dex, +3 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-1
Attack: Slam +5 melee (1d4+3)
Full Attack: Slam +5 melee (1d4+3)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Air mastery, whirlwind
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., elemental traits
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +0
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 17, Con 14, Int 4, Wis 11, Cha 11
Skills: Listen +2, Spot +3
Feats: Flyby Attack, Improved InitiativeB, Weapon Finesse B

Air Mastery (Ex)
Airborne creatures take a -1 penalty on attack and damage rolls against an air elemental.

Whirlwind (Su)
The elemental can transform itself into a whirlwind once every 10 minutes and remain in that form for up to 1 round for every 2 HD it has. In this form, the elemental can move through the air or along a surface at its fly speed.

The whirlwind is 5 feet wide at the base, up to 30 feet wide at the top, and up to 50 feet tall, depending on the elemental’s size. The elemental controls the exact height, but it must be at least 10 feet.

The elemental’s movement while in whirlwind form does not provoke attacks of opportunity, even if the elemental enters the space another creature occupies. Another creature might be caught in the whirlwind if it touches or enters the whirlwind, or if the elemental moves into or through the creature’s space.

Creatures one or more size categories smaller than the elemental might take damage when caught in the whirlwind (see table for details) and may be lifted into the air. An affected creature must succeed on a Reflex save when it comes into contact with the whirlwind or take the indicated damage. It must also succeed on a second Reflex save or be picked up bodily and held suspended in the powerful winds, automatically taking the indicated damage each round. A creature that can fly is allowed a Reflex save each round to escape the whirlwind. The creature still takes damage but can leave if the save is successful. The DC for saves against the whirlwind’s effects varies with the elemental’s size (see the table). The save DC is Strength based.

Creatures trapped in the whirlwind cannot move except to go where the elemental carries them or to escape the whirlwind.

Creatures caught in the whirlwind can otherwise act normally, but must succeed on a Concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) to cast a spell. Creatures caught in the whirlwind take a -4 penalty to Dexterity and a -2 penalty on attack rolls. The elemental can have only as many creatures trapped inside the whirlwind at one time as will fit inside the whirlwind’s volume.

The elemental can eject any carried creatures whenever it wishes, depositing them wherever the whirlwind happens to be. A summoned elemental always ejects trapped creatures before returning to its home plane.

If the whirlwind’s base touches the ground, it creates a swirling cloud of debris. This cloud is centered on the elemental and has a diameter equal to half the whirlwind’s height. The cloud obscures all vision, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. Creatures 5 feet away have concealment, while those farther away have total concealment.

Those caught in the cloud must succeed on a Concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) to cast a spell.

An elemental in whirlwind form cannot make slam attacks and does not threaten the area around it.

[/sblock]

Korbryn growls low, and immediately engages the brute, swinging the Sword of Earth with mighty strokes, the two attempts to attack are parried with his mighty morning star.

A foul stench coveres the area, much more horrid and awful then the putrid smell the minor Trogs had earlier (Please roll Fort vs. DC: 13 or be nauseated for 10 rounds). The big black scaled Trog size up the dwarf and the human scout and with a quick move bites off Thandis’s nose with a bite and breaks the scout’s jaw with a powerful swing of his morning star. The scout falls backward, crushing the back of his skull on a stone carved stool.

Miltiades calls forth an ally from the plane of Air!

Actions:
Korbryn – Miss.
Trog – Stench + Critical hit + bite attack.
Thandis – dead
Miltiades
Lenuran
Diemetir

Attachments

• New Temple maps K-L.xls
    196 KB · Views: 102

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OCC: well was wondering what to do but the dice gods have seen fit to make the gnome sick once more

Lenuran starts to load his crossbow when he feels the effects of the horrible stench come over him. "Jumping Jack Sprites! I hate trogs worst than mutton pie."

His face turns a sickly yellowish-green at the mention of the pie, "Shouldn't be thinking of that right now."

*Blllleeeecchhhh!*

OCC: But I get one move action so load crossbow. Also been looking back into what the gnome has used so far.

used wand of invisibility x6
casted grease once
casted minor image
used 4 rounds of bardic performance
used Insightful feat ability
fired crossbow twice
was sick the rest of the time

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn takes a deep whiff of trog stench. "Smells like me Aunt Bardris' Orcfish Stew! Reminds me o' 'ome."

OOC: Fort Save vrs DC13

...actually, I just realized that Korbryn's "+2 save bonus vrs. poison" applies to Troglodyte stench, bringing his Fort Save to +12...and making him immune to the stench. The lowest he can roll is a 13, which would be a successful save.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
OOC: Unless you roll a natural 1, which is always a failure with saving throws.

OOC: Wow...my bad. You are so right, Thanee...for some reason I was thinking that the rule only applied to attacks, and didn't apply to saves or skill checks. Apparently the auto-fail applies to saves, and skill checks are the only thing it doesn't apply to.

I will make the roll for Korbryn!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases