Strahd's "RttToEE"

Voadam

Legend
Miltiades takes a bit of a step back. As an inquisitor he is good at puzzling out the big picture from data recovered, knowing what questions still remain that need answering, and investigating in a logical and methodical manner. He is not that skilled, however, at being the friendly questioner and lets the gnome take on that role.

Questioning the hob mage

"Start with the reason your band came here and what you've been up to." the baklunish priest says calmly but implacably.

Before Lenuran comes to speak, the Hobgoblin mage grins viciously and answer
"This place is home, no human, elf or gnome come to this place, everyone fear this place, so we call this lovely, inspires place home"

He waves the others away to the side and approaches the smelly hobgoblin wizard.
"Now, let us just sit down and have a little chat, shall we?" he says as he smiles warmly.

"There are enemies nearby, outcast from my tribe, they are my kin and deserves to die. You can take the puny slaves from the quarters up below, they are of no use and wounded. (Probably up in the main temple, you haven't seen them)
There are more being that travel those hills around the temple, our scouts saw two humans and a bugbear, quite a peculiar party, but they vanished from sight when they approached them.
A cursed wicked female human, dressed in leaves and wears a twiggy crown travels around the surrounding forest, she killed two of our best man because they chopped down a tree and hunted game for fun. I suggest you kill her on sight, she is dangerous.
Free me, and I'll show you where they all are and where Rarkus keeps his hidden treasure"

[sblock=Lenuran's sense motive]
It seems that he speaks the truth. He is intimidated by Korbryn and wishes to escape.
Somehow you find it hard to believe that the lady of the forest is evil and you think he is exaggerating
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn growls low as he hears the hobgoblin's words. "I say we be killin' 'im an' droppin' 'im in a stewpot." The dwarf rubs his stomach as if hungry. "A nice bowl o' goblin broth sounds mighty tasty."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The Kid looks ill at the dwarf's comment. Ugh. Not for me. He looks at the hob a moment. Anything else crawling around here, or has it been finally abandoned?

s@squ@tch

First Post
Lenuran of Lortmills

The gnome listens actively as the hobgoblin relays what information he knows.

But he isn't quite satisfied that he has told him everything and answered all of his questions.

Switching from common to goblin, Lenuran begins to speak once more.

[sblock=goblin]
"My friend over there with the axe seems to want to put you into a stew pot."
"Now, we wouldn't want that, would we?" He shakes his head slightly.

"Lets just go over a few more things, to hopefully assuage the dwarf's thirst for knowledge, shall we?"

"First, who is the ape upstairs, and who does he call master?"

"Second, why are there outcasts from your tribe -- what did they do, and where do they live? Do they still harbor ill will towards you and yours?"

"Third, what type of slaves do you have? Are they humanoids? What type of work do you have them doing?"

"Fourth, these people who travel with a bugbear -- how often do you see them -- or if only seen once, where were they headed?"

"Fifth, I'm sure you would gladly tell us of the location of this foul nature woman."

"And lastly, we would love to see the treasure room of your great chief -- if anything, perhaps it will keep you out of the stew pot, and we really don't want that, do we?"

[/sblock]

[sblock=goblin]
Da.. G..me [/sblock]
The Hobgoblin curses quietly and continues to "sing"
[sblock=goblin]
The ape belongs to one of the dead sergeants, now that his master is dead, the ape is free to terrorize the area with no master to listen to.
As for the outcasts, they are fortified in the ruined tower. Their leader tried to take on mighty Rarkus and failed so he fled with his troops. They should be taught a lesson.
The slaves are chained up in the temple, two pathetic humans ... he he he, you need someone to polish the tribe's weapons and clean the feces.
[/sblock]
The Hobgoblin spits on the ground with boo towards you but one look at the dwarf he continues.
[sblock=goblin]
I don't know about the bugbear and the tree lady. You better ask the scouts yourselves, they are lying dead on the stairs of the temple. [/sblock]
The Hobgoblin grins and laughs to himself
[sblock=goblin]Or you can just burn a tree and wait for her to hunt you.[/sblock]

Switching to the human tongue he says
I will tell you where the treasure is, but you have to hold your bargain little gnome

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn simply stands, unmoving, and looming in the background with his greatsword in hand. The dwarf growls low in his throat, wondering just what kind of deal the gnome was making with this dirty goblin trickster.

The gang and the hobgoblin sit quietly. Waiting for Lenuran to explain what the hob just said. The hob begins to whistle an inconvenient tone. Everybody waits for someone to break the tensioned silence.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
[quite=Hobgobilin] "I will tell you where the treasure is, but you have to hold your bargain little gnome." [/quote]
Ithiken jumps up and waves off the gnome, then addresses the hobgoblin. "Yes, yes, yes... I'm sure that's all fine. Nevermind that now. Take us to the treasure, eh? There's no time to waste! Let's go, people! Let's go!"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases