Strahd's "RttToEE"

Seeing the ochre robed figure Miltiades turns to the one who is up and active "We have defeated the hobgoblins. Tell me where you are from, were you two captured together or separately?"

Miltiades is interested in hearing the peasant's story first.

I don't know her.
The peasant says and tries to avoid the robed man look.
My name is Birgest Huckle and I hail from the peaceful community of Twilight falls in the Gnarly. I'm no warrior and I carry no weapon, I'm a simple farmer.
The robed man raise his look and you find out that it is a woman.
I'm Undra and I came from Verbobonc. I'm nothing but a simple traveler, wishing to be freed.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Ithiken looks at the two lying there amongst the filth, and the elf cannot keep the distaste out of his mouth. He steps carefully around the cell, trying not to get anything on his violet robe. He then looks down at the man and furrows his brow. "Any particular reason you feel the need to tell us you don't have a weapon? You've been imprisoned... that should tell us all we need to know right there about whether you are armed or not. Or is it the fact that this capture is just a facade, and you want us to just *think* you are nothing but a simple farmer who is not a warrior at all... when in actuality you are just setting us up to stick a knife in our backs?"

He looks at the other fellows with pursed lips. "Is it just me, or is this like going into a tavern and seeing a sign that says 'We do not serve poisoned drinks'... something so obvious that we never would have considered it until they brought it up, but now makes us actually wonder why they feel the need to mention it?"

Last edited:

The man is shocked. He falls on his knees and cries.
No, you can't leave me here, I'm a simple farmer, please I beg thy ... please.
The robed woman light up.
He is a liar, I can assure it, I heard him plans with the Hobgoblins how to capture more humans, he serve them, kill him and let me be.

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn growls low in his throat, and moves his blade so that the keen edge of the greatsword gleams in the light. "Neither o' ya mean a thing t' meh," rumbles the dwarf. "So ye'll tell the truth now, or I'll be spillin' yer blood just like I did t' the goblins."

Intimidate attempt; hopefully you'll be a a nice DM and let me use my STR bonus instead of CHA...after all, Korbryn is a heavily armed, heavily armed, doughty dwarven warrior.

Slaves

By Istus's fate ...
The shackled Oeridian farmer backs to the far wall. His eyes open wide with terror at the dwarf's sword.
Please ... I have a son, I have a wife ...

Shut up, take it like a man you traitorous goat.
The woman calls.
I know what you did and what you planned.
She turns to you with open arms, Her handcuffs rattle.
Free me, and I'll tell the judges of Dyvers and Verbobonc about this man.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Ithiken eyes the woman suspiciously, as even her story doesn't exactly bear weight. "Now why would this guy be held locked up down here if he was working with the hobgoblins?" Before the robed woman can answer, he holds his hand up to her to keep her quiet for another minute. "And before you tell me he was down here as a plant so he could keep his eyes and ears open on the rest of you... that wouldn't explain why he would talk with them within earshot of you, so you could hear what they said."

The elf shakes his head and crosses his arms... as both of the prisoner's stories are pretty flimsy. "If this guy..." he motions to the farmer "...was smart enough to plan out hiding down here undercover to hear what you people were talking about... he wouldn't be stupid enough to talk with the hobs he was working with so you could hear them. Nice try lady. But your story doesn't float."

Ithiken snorts derisively and smirks at the two of them. "I think you both better give us a few more details of your incarceration. Where you were when you were grabbed, how long you've been here, why you're wearing those... colorful... robes..." he pointedly directs the last question to the woman. (Sense Motive on both prisoner's responses)

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn narrows his eyes. "Give me an 'our with them, an axe, an a 'ammer, and I'll be 'avin' the truth from them."

Voadam

Legend
"There will be no need for that good dwarf. " The inquisitor turns to the two captives." I am a scholar priest, trained by the church of Rao with divinations to pierce the truth of the matter. Peace be upon you both, do not resist the magic I call forth and answer our queries truthfully. The magic will not harm you."

The church inquisitor spontaneously casts detect thoughts, if they choose to resist the magic and are succesfull in doing so he will know.

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn moves away from the captives, grumbling under his breath about how unfair the world is, and how he never gets to smash toes and chop off fingers to get answers.

The farmer is somewhat relaxed with Korbryn away, but he is still in shock.
I don't know anything.
He replies to Ithiken, falls down on his knees and begin to weep.

Coward! They planted him here to excavate information from me. When we heard menace was out and the goblin flew from here with weapons, he ventured inside and shackled himself to act as a prisoner.
The robed figure springs forward to the farmer but the shackles puts her in place

They are both traitors. Kill'em.
The Hobgoblin says

[sblock=Ithiken's sense motive]
The farmer seems to be honest, you sense the woman trying to save her own skin by manipulation.
The Hobgoblin is not trustworthy, seems like he enjoys the show.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Miltiades's Detect thoughts]
Man – 10 Int ; Woman – 13 Int
Man's thoughts – "How am I going to convince them? Please, oh ...god. Clara, Samuel ..."
Woman – "Where did they come from? Strike them oh dark one, strike down and steal their souls! I must get out of here."

You point your spell to the Hobgoblin witch but he overcome it.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases