Strahd's "RttToEE"

Voadam

Legend
Miltiades inquisitor of Rao

"The man's thoughts are upon his loved ones, Clara and Samuel. He should be granted his freedom and restored to his family when we can.

The woman however is a servant of the Dark One. Even now she prays for the theft of our souls by her foul patron. There is no escape for you, cultist. Speak of your fellow cult members and do not test the dwarf's mercy by falsehoods, they will not serve you well this day.
"

The hobgoblin gulps at Thandi's jab and lower his look.

I fell as a prisoner by my own stupidity and by the will of the dark one.
She say and spits on the ground at your feet
I will tell you where to go but only because I know that your doom waits there, you'll be punished by the dark one and see no light at all. Go, go to the temple to be consumed by his divine will.
She points to the map case Thandis took from the chest
You can find the spot over there unless you have dummy heads.
She raises her look to Miltiades
Death is upon thy priest! I curse you all!
The woman begin to laugh manically
You are doomed

[sblock=Map]
Temple of the All-Consumption - see post #150
Link
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn has his blade leveled at the woman's throat, its razor edge drawing a trickle of blood. "Best be tellin' us what lurks in this "Temple" o' yers, 'fore me blade Anrak here be consumin' yer life's blood..."

Korbryn has his blade leveled at the woman's throat, its razor edge drawing a trickle of blood. "Best be tellin' us what lurks in this "Temple" o' yers, 'fore me blade Anrak here be consumin' yer life's blood..."

The woman shrieks and backs to the wall
The great priests of the dark lord you fool. The Doomdreamers they are called, the ones that will awake he almighty and give way for the great blackness to cover the world.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Lenuran

As the gnome listens to the words of the foul woman, he does his best to make heads or tails to the odd and archaic references she makes to "the dark one", as well as the Temple of All-Consumption and Doomdreamers.

Perhaps this "dark one" is the same as who provided the black fruit that he ate earlier in the otherworldly chamber he had stumbled upon atop the ziggurat.

OOC: Knowledge checks +7 (history, arcana), along with Bardic Knowledge (+9)

Voadam

Legend
The woman shrieks and backs to the wall
The great priests of the dark lord you fool. The Doomdreamers they are called, the ones that will awake he almighty and give way for the great blackness to cover the world.

"Who stands foremost among the doomdreamers? How many are there and what forces have they gathered?" The inquisitor continues to focus upon her mind, burrowing into the thoughts that come in response to his questions.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Ithiken hears all of this, and shakes his head. "Why is it always darkness and demonic forces that want to take over the world? How come no one like St. Cuthbert or Pelor ever sends their angelic forces here to take possession of everything around us? I mean... are their followers just lazy? Why aren't they trying to open portals to the heavens to allow the streaming mass of goodness to enter and cover us?"

He tsk tsks, then shakes his head. "It's always the bad guys. They're the only ones who are pro-active. A shame really."

Voadam

Legend
Miltiades

"The gods of good feel that the heavens are for the heavenly hosts including the souls of the dead. The mortal realm is for mortals to live in. The Dark One seeks the destruction of all reality itself. He is chained in the heavenly realms by the gods and their presence there. His followers in the mortal realm seek to unchain him so that creation is undone, not to rule it. Only the Old One defies his deific duty by using his mortal half to live fully in the mortal world and seek direct mastery of the mortal realm. Even such beings as the Spider Queen of Demons only seeks her followers to conquer the world and eradicate the followers of her enemies, she does not seek rulership of the world for herself to lord over. The gods of good guide and empower their churches in the mortal realms to deal with such threats while they hold their place in the cosmos and sustain reality itself from there. It is a heavy duty for mortals to bear, but an appropriate one."

Rhun

First Post
"I do me duty willingly, then," says Korbryn quietly, a hint of a smile on his face as he eyes the woman. "Fer 'tis no hard thing t' bear, killin' the servant o' evil. Indeed, I do it gladly."

[sblock=Lenuran]
The dark one aka the dark sun, ruler of the obex is known by the dread name that no mortal say out aloud – Tharizdun!
(If it was a CoC game, you had to lose insanity. )
This woman serve the Elder Elemental Eye, could be that those powers are working together.

The doom dreamers is a cult of very powerful priests that serve the dark god. They are devoted to free their dark entity fro his prison, so he'll be able to consume and devour all that exist. Legends say that they are corrupted beings, raving lunatics and sadistic. They master ancient, forbidden knowledge.
[/sblock]

The woman shrinks in the corner, sending bare hands to the air in squeeze motions like wanting to squeeze the inquisitor's throat.
I do not know you fool. I am a lesser cleric. Never saw the horned masters not had access to the doom dreamer's area. All I did is to monitor the activity around here till those wretched Hobgoblins by my god's will captured me ... yes, this is the reason, they wanted me to be caught and meet you, only to send you to your doom, yes, everything is reasonable now.
She giggles to herself.

Off with her head dwarf.
The Hobgoblin tries to light up the bonfire

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases