Strahd's "RttToEE"

Dei enters the tavern. The windows are open for light to come in, giving the place a more happy then gloomy appearance. One wench wipes the floor and arranges the chairs and tables for the evening. The other wench serve the group of people just entered. Another group of Half-Orcs is partying with ale and Orcish jokes.
Dei spots a drunken dwarf. The poor guy is snoring on the table and his beard lies in a bowl of soup. The other is a robed one, enjoying a pipe and a mug of ale.

Two humans, one looks like a traveler or a hunter and the other one is clearly a priest of Rao sits with another dwarf around a rounded table.
A little gnome stands beside the bar, speaking to the barkeeper.

The robed cleric is no where to be seen

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn slowly blows smoke rings of fragrant tobacco smoke into the air as he waits for Lenuran to finish his questioning of the barkeep.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Walking into the tavern is a human man, by the way he gives the common room a slow glance he is obviously looking for something, or someone. He clothes mark him as a traveler, and not a local, due to the heavy stains on his cloak and boots.

He smiles and heads towards the bar, tucking stray strains of yellow brown hair under his leather headband and out of his eyes. A glint comes off the gem that sits in the center of the headpiece drawing the eye to the expensive item.

"Barkeep, a good day to you," he says and then switching to gnomish he address the gnome {{ Merry times and good fortunes, neighbor.}} Dei says using the standard gnomish greeting.

[sblock=stats]
HP:25/25
AC:14 T:14 FF:11
Fort:+3 Ref:+5 Will:+6
Init:+3
Grapple:+3
Speed: 30'

Combat:
Code:
[U]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical  Range[/U]
Club(melee)               +3       1d6         x2      ---
Club(thrown)              +6       1d6         x2      10'
Dagger(melee)             +3       1d4      19-20x2    ---
Dagger(thrown)            +6       1d4      19-20x2    10'
Lt. crossbow(mw)          +7       1d8      19-20x2    80'
-bolts 10/10

Spells:
0- Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Read Magic, Daze
1- Mount, Shield, Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Magic Missle
2- Magic Missle, Flaming Sphere, Flaming Sphere, Glitterdust, Summon Monster II
3- Fireball, Deep Slumber, Dispel Magic, Summon Monster III

Skills:
Concentration +10
Spellcraft +11

Items:
Scrolls- comprehend languages, mount
Potions- cure light wounds 3/3
Metamagic Rod, extended lesser 3/3 (3 per day)
Wand, magic missle(3rd) 50/50
Wand, burning hands 50/50
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tavern

The robed dwarf that sits in the corner eyes Korbryn. He calls in the dwarven tongue.and raises his mug.

[Sblock=Dwarven] Aoi mate, May I ask what kind of tobacco you are smoking?
I prefer the leaves sold in Ulek.

His eyes radiate sadness
But now, the carrion called Turosh Mak conquered the province where the dwarves grew those precious leaves.
[/sblock]

S’mthing to drink?
The barkeep replies to Dei

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn spits on the ground at the dwarf's words, and then speaks in his native tongue.

[sblock=Dwarven](No accent, since Korbryn speaks dwarven all fluently and well! :))
"Turosh Mak, that orc scum! I'd like to stick my gauntlet down his throat, and yank his heart out!"[/sblock]

Korbryn stands, and moves closer to the robed dwarf, his hand going into his pouch and pulling out a leather pack of tobacco. He continues speaking in dwarven.

[sblock=Dwarven]"This is halfling leaf. Not as good as dwarven tobacco, truth be told, but not bad. May I offer you some, stone brother?"[/sblock]

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
Lenuran

"Thanks much, friend, I'm sure the other gentleman would appreciate getting his lost article back." says the gnome to the barkeep.

The gnome glances down quickly at his road stained cloak.

"As you might be able to deduce, I have just recently arrived in your fair city."

"The gentleman in the robes, I happened to overhear him speaking on behalf of some group outside, but was not close enough to hear which group though, but he did appear to be sitting near a collection box -- is he a regular street evangelical or a peddler of some sort of good?"

As the human approaches, and begins to speak in his native tongue, the small gnome's stature perks up slightly.

[sblock=gnomish]
"Well, it is not everyday that I encounter someone who speaks my native tongue, let alone a human, of all people!"

"Sit down and pull up a chair and tell me all about how you came to learn the mother language!"

[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Dei human wizard

"Wine, good barkeep," Dei says swinging his crossbow and pack down to lean against the bar. He then pulls a stool up to keep his gear infront of him.

[sblock=gnomish]
"My, I learned the basics of the gnomish languages years ago. But just recently I have been speaking almost nothing but the mother of languages in the Kron Hills. What now, for eight months I have been helping the gnomes that live there. You from the Hills??" Dei asks. [/sblock]

As he speaks to the gnome, Dei keeps a watch on the stairs and any backways out. He smiles as he remembers his time in the Kron Hills, but someone observant will know by the look in the man's eyes he is on a mission.

Last edited:

“What do you think you are doing mister?!”
The wench that wipes the floor calls in anger to Korbryn.
She comes forward and wipes the spit from the floor.
“One more of this and you’ll be out of here.”

[sblock=Dwarven]
He he he ... humans.
The robed dwarf says and takes a swig from his mug.

“Shut up!”
The wench replies in dwarven, making the other dwarf suffocate from the ale. A moment pass and he regains his breath again.

“Damn, she is good.”
Replies the other dwarf and takes some of the halfling leaf.
I’ll try it out.
He reach out his hand.
Rogash Darkgem, a patriot from Havenhill, Principality of Ulek at your service.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

"The gentleman in the robes, I happened to overhear him speaking on behalf of some group outside, but was not close enough to hear which group though, but he did appear to be sitting near a collection box -- is he a regular street evangelical or a peddler of some sort of good?"

"A priest"
The barkeeper replies.
"Muster people with dark heart and greed to his cause I guess".

"They come from the hills to the north, he and the likes of him.
You haven't heard it from me"

With that the he departs to the back room, clearly trying to avoid any more questions from Lenuran about the ochre robed man.

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn favors the wench with a stern nod, and then shares some of his tobacco with the other dwarf. He takes the dwarf's hand in greeting when offered.

[sblock=Dwarven]"Well met, Rogash. I am Korbryn Rivenshield of the Lortmil dwarves. May I ask what brings you to this place?"[/sblock]

Remove ads