Strahd's "RttToEE"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"What was...?" Dei starts to say, but the barkeep hurries towards the back.

"The hills to the north? Where is the one I saw come in here?" he mumbles to himself.

Looking about the tavern Dei fixes his gaze on the stairs leading up to the second floor. And then to the doorway leading to the back. "I think up would be best." He says to himself before standing.

Everyone nearby (especially the gnome) notices a determined look on the young man's face as he starts towards the staircase, it looks like he is about to do something impulsive just like most humans do.

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
Lenuran

The gnome shakes his head as the barkeep abandons his post.

The man made his feelings about the ochre robed man perfectly clear.

As he is about to respond to the newcomer to his right, he notices the man start to go towards the stairs upwards.

He ponders a second as to what is going on with this newcomer.

[sblock=OOC]

Sense Motive (+10) check on what Dei is doing

1d20+10=17
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC]
Good roll so you know he is about to do something stupid, and since this happened after the mention of the dark hearted priest it may have something to do with him.

Don't mean to step on your toes DM-SVZ just trying to help move along Dei "getting into the party". Thinking it would be best that they saw he doesn't like the orche robed madmen. [/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The Kid kept watch, eyeing the newcomer's sudden interest in the priest and his rush upstairs. He taps Kolbryn on the shoulder.
[sblock=Dwarven (whisper)]That new guy seems pretty upset about something; maybe to do with out 'friend' upstairs. Might be trouble.[/sblock]Looking around, he gets a bit fidgety, spinning a dagger his left hand. Ithiken should been back by now...

OOC: Sense Motive 22

Edit: HolyMan: The Kid's already been using darkorange for speech...

Rogash

Korbryn favors the wench with a stern nod, and then shares some of his tobacco with the other dwarf. He takes the dwarf's hand in greeting when offered.

[sblock=Dwarven]"Well met, Rogash. I am Korbryn Rivenshield of the Lortmil dwarves. May I ask what brings you to this place?"[/sblock]

[sblock=Dwarven]
I arrived to this miserable place from the south with a group of gnome merchants a three days ago. They departed yesterday, my plans is to leave tomorrow.
He puffs a circle of smoke to the air.
I’m heading to Highfolk, I’m a scholar and I desire to delve into the secrets of the tomes and old books of the local libraries.[/sblock]

The dwarf stops when Thandis approach Korbryn and whispers into the warrior's ear.
Is everything O.K?
He say in the common tongue

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=bump?] Neat way to bump SVZ :p [/sblock]

The young human starts making his way to the stairs a look of determination in his eye. He stops at the base a hand on the bannister. Visibly he takes a hold of himself and then calmly starts up the steps.

About half way up the orcs start their ruckus and he stops to stare down at them. He stands not sure if that noise was a warning to anyone or just the beasts acting normally.

[sblock=ooc] Will pause there giving anyone else a chance to react. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
"Nuttin' t' worry 'bout," says Korbryn with a nod to the dwarf. "We just be needin' t' check up on our friend."

s@squ@tch

First Post
Lenuran of Lortmills

Acting on a hunch, the gnome stares long and hard at the stairway, seeing the young man pause at the landing.

The gnome mutters something to himself while grasping a bit of fleece.

Suddenly, as the human's head was turned, the ochre robed priest appeared hurrying down the steps, hood completely covering his face, ducked by the human, and hurried across the bar into an empty booth.

[sblock=Strahd]
Lenuran casts Silent Image (DC15) and creates a silent image of the ochre robed priest, and has him take a spot in an empty booth in the bar area.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases