Strahd's "RttToEE"

Finding Rerrid - Lenuran and Korbryn

Falor tells you that years of war proved to be worthless both to the dwarves and humans of Hathgar and to the Orcs from the nearby camp, thus, peace established. The Half – Orc community that live here and the trade between the former enemies are the result of such peace.
With some guidance you find Rerrid to be not far from the temple. He sits by with a blacksmith friend not far from the temple, down the road that leads out from this hamlet.
He is a typical battle-veteran dwarf. Scars decorate the man’s shoulders and face and he wears his battle armor even in times of peace.

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn nods at Rerrid Hammersong, approving of the dwarf's battle-scarred appearance. Korbryn addresses the man in dwarven.

[sblock=Dwarf Speak]
"Hail and well met, Rerrid Hammersong. I am Korbryn Rivenshield, and this is my companion Lenuran. We come with questions, and have been told that you may have answers.[/sblock]

Korbryn and Lenuran

Korbryn nods at Rerrid Hammersong, approving of the dwarf's battle-scarred appearance. Korbryn addresses the man in dwarven.

[sblock=Dwarf Speak]
"Hail and well met, Rerrid Hammersong. I am Korbryn Rivenshield, and this is my companion Lenuran. We come with questions, and have been told that you may have answers.[/sblock]

[sblock=Dwarf Speak]
"Hail brother dwarf. I'm Rerrid Hammersong, a war veteran and a cleric of our mighty father. This is..."
He nods to the blacksmith
"... Tunraug Urkart, a master of weapons and armor. How can I help to a dwarf brother and his fellow in this good day?"[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn nods again and smiles, a horrible sight really, causing his scarred visage to appear even uglier than it already is.

[sblock=Dwarf Speak]
"A pleasure to meet you, brother dwarves. We come seeking information on these 'doomdreamers' as they call themselves...we had some trouble with them, and tracked them to your fair village. We fear they may be harbingers of death and darkness."[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
Lenuran of Lortmills

The gnome listens and nods as the two dwarves converse.

He thinks to himself,"I wonder if Kobryn remembers that I speak dwarven?"

Then he begins to speak their language.

[sblock=Dwarven]
"Master Rerrid, we seek to understand where this enemy is based -- and our only clue has brought us to Hathgar. Have you perhaps heard anything of them or perhaps know where we might look?"

He then looks over the dwarf to gauge his intentions and character.

OOC: sense motive +10
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lenuran and Korbryn
[sblock=Dwarven]
Sssshhhh...
Rerrid silence you both
The temple agents are everywhere, we cannot speak over here. Let us speak in a cornered table in the inn. There is nothing more enjoyable then to speak importent matters secretly over a mug of spirit. [/sblock]

All
Moments pass and into the inn enter a dwarf. He is accompanied by Korbryn and Lenuran. They take a lonely sit in the back, away from where Miltiadis, Dei and Thandis are. The dwarf signals one of the maiden to serve them.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Watching the gnome and dwarf both enter and take a table Dei looks to the Kid and Miltiadis, "Must be an informant," he says questioningly?

"I hope he knows where this temple I heard of is. It would be nice to finally pay these monsters back for what they did." the young mage says finishing his drink.

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn nods at Rerrid as they take a seat at the corner table. He then speaks, making sure to keep his voice low. He continues to speak in dwarven, in hopes that any enemy might not speak that language.

[sblock=Dwarven]"We know that one of the temple agents entered this place, and is even now in a room above...what can you tell us?"[/sblock]

Well ... they are not the enemy so do not be so harsh but to tell you that I like their presence.... well, I don’t.
Rerrid takes a sip from his mug and clean the foam from his beard with his sleeve.
But they do pay well in the village, they trade and the civilians do get some coins for various jobs.
He looks around nervously and adds
I’m a priest of the stone maker and I do not like other priests hanging around my hamlet, especially when the priests worship dark gods of some kind. From what I heard, they are settled in not far from here, in the mountains. If the stories are true, the temple is located on ... or in mount Stalagos - a volcano that collapsed into it self and is not more then a water accumulated crater. In the past, dwarves mined gems and diamonds in the earth beneath the mountain, but newcomers to the area arrived and slaughtered our kin with spells and summoned creatures. Now, dark denizens lurk in the ghost haunted mines.
These newcomers were the first doomdreamers. The inhabitants thought of Mount Stalagos as cursed, haunted and inhabited by horrible monsters so they left.
All that was left is this little place and no more. Dwarves moves to the south and away, Humans traveled to the northern plains of Veluna and Gnomes took off to their brothers in the Kron.

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn nods along with Rerrid's words, as he listens to the tale with interest. He again speaks, his voice low and grave.

[sblock=Dwarven]"The dwarven kings of the Lortmils, and the human leaders allied with them have charge me...nay, charged us with investigating a threat to the lands of the free peoples of the Flanaess. Our investigations have led us to the Doomdreamers, and thus here. It now sounds as though our path leads to Mount Stalagos. Would you be able to provide a map to that place?"[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases