Strahd's "RttToEE"

Round 10 – could be end of battle unless you pursuit.

Ithiken takes a step back, pulls out his wand and fires a pair of magic missiles at the hobgoblin that's been attacking him. The hobgoblins snarls in anger.

Korbryn growls over his rare miss, and decides to take it out on his foe. "Ye've met yer doom taday," he spits, slashing his heavy blade down on the nearest hobgoblin. The two scream in agony as the dwarf's blade cuts their guts out, they fall dead instantly, piled on their friends.

Miltiades focuses on keeping the Kid alive in this press of combat and reaches out with his wand to heal the deadly young scout without risking losing his spell to a trio of hobgoblin strikes. The wounds of the kid stitch.

Wounded again, the Kid yells in frustration. The Kid dances around the latest hob, and stabs at it awkwardly, cursing.

Lenuran shakes off the effects of the fear -- something he has not felt in some time. Gathering himself, he turns around and runs at top possible speed back towards the fray, all the while saying, "The amount of melanin on my posterior dermis are not of your concern!".

The new hobgoblins that emerged see the pile of bodies and their fallen chief, realizing the horror, they decide to flee and save their skin. Some of them pass several feet from Lenuarn, not paying attention to the little figure, they just want to escape. But others are not so lucky, they feel the wrath of the kid and Korbryn's blade.

[sblock=Actions]
Ithiken – 5' step to AE75, Magic missile at Hob21, dmg 7.
Korbryn – Attack Hob20, 32, dmg 16, Cleave Hob13 20, dmg 18. AoO Hob 14 30, dmg 20.
Miltiades – 5ft. to AE69, cure light wounds Thandis, cure 9.
Thandis – Tumble 31, attack hob 15, 9. AoO Hob 15 19, dmg 10.
Lenuran – Run back to AB83.
Goblin2: Flee to AG90.
Hob 19: Dead.
Hob 20: Dead.
Hob 21: Flee to AB92.
Dire Ape: captured in a force sphere.
Krebbich – out of sight.
Hob 13: Dead.
Hob 14: Dead.
Hob 15: Dead.
Hob 16: Flee to AD82
Hob 17: Flee to Z83
Hob 18: Flee to Y85

Active spells & Effects:
Ithiken – shield, mage armor.
Lenuran - Inspire Courage 1 rounds.
Force sphere – 10 min.

[/sblock]

Attachments

• Temple.xls
    56 KB · Views: 127

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn marches boldly forward, his heavy boots stomping dead and dying goblins beneath him. He stops at the doors into the Temple, his greatsword ready, and peers into the dimness beyond, looking for any other threats.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Ithiken moves towards the temple's steps, keeping an eye on the huge ape still enclosed within the force bubble. He glances around nervously at the others in the group, then motions to the beast. "Um... what do we want to do about this thing? The uh... the bubble will remain up for several more minutes. Do we want to wait until it drops then put the creature out of its misery, or just continue on inside and let the ape go free when it comes down?"

He moves over and looks intently at the animal, but then jumps back when the ape tries to leap at him from within the sphere. "I uh... I... I don't really fancy killing a defenseless ape... but at the same time, I dunno how likely it is that it'll come chasing after us if we enter the temple and leave it alone."

Rhun

First Post
"I'll put the beast down, lad," says Korbryn quietly, eyes still searching the Temple's interior. "No tellin' what may'em the thing might cause if'n we let 'im go."

Voadam

Legend
Miltiades cures himself and Korbryn. "Was there a spellcaster who pulled back into the fortress or did we dispatch or drive away all who came out?"

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn nods grimly. "Aye, 'e fled. But me nose can sniff out a goblin in the dark, sure as me blade be killin' 'em."

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
Lenuran

"One thing is a definite -- this will be its own chapter in my journal."

The little man surveys the scene -- giant ape caught in a force bubble, handfuls of hobgoblins lying in various stages of death all around the temple stairs -- this was epic in nature -- the stuff saga's were made of.

He still felt badly about his inability to overcome the fear planted inside his head by the hob-witch, but his jovial spirit sent most of those feelings out of his mind.

"I don't think the others will be coming back, now that their chief lays in two pieces, thanks to Master Kobryn."

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn casts an eye over the pile of bodies and smiles grimly. "Ah, but bits an' pieces be the best state fer hobs an' gobs."

The last of the hobgoblins flee from the compound grounds and they soon scatter to the four winds. Encaged in a force sphere the mighty ape continues to pound on the invisible cage to no avail.
Looking into the temple itself gives you the creep. The floor of this area is made of reddish-brown stone squares. Dim light filters through the stained-glass windows, casting revolting colors upon the floor. The walls are plastered and painted with scenes befitting the nature of this despicable place – torture, murder, enslavement, robbery, and far more unspeakable acts. The creed of the worshipers is evident from this depiction: Evil is supreme.
Ahead, the floor stones are green, and the nave of the temple is filled with pillars of a pinkish material, shot through with worm-colored veins. Their arches lead to an unremarkable pair of lesser side aisles. The columns supporting the archways, as well as the archways themselves, are worked in relief scenes of vile activities conducted mostly by human men and women.

There is no sign of the hobgoblin witch, not even a smell, but the smell of spilled ale can be filled, there are fallen mugs on the floor beside the door, probably belonged to the dead guards.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases