Strahd's "RttToEE"

OOC – one horse died (see post #544). But since Ithiken is MIA, Korbryn can take the wizard’s mount.

It is a matter of 0.5 – 1 hour until you pack your equipment and gather your mounts. You spent no more then few hours in this little village before you decide to chase those who kidnapped Ithiken and help the new conjurer Die that shares with you his hate to the ochre robed figure.

The sun is shrouded under a heavy blanket of stratiform clouds and the roads are a mash of dirt and mud. Your guess is that the sun will set down in a few hours, giving you the advantage to reach the mines somewhere in the night and the disadvantage that travelling in the night is not safe.

You gather again near the gates of Hagthar, the citizens pay you neither attention nor the market business men. Punks and bums eye you in the same manner when you strolled into the town, with mercy and suspicious looks.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Mounting Dragonbane, the Kid leads out of the gate. He turns in the saddle and once he has directions, continues on.

OOC: Spotting and Listening the whole way...

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn mounts Ithiken's horse riding out near The Kid. If anything, at least the dwarf's darkvision would give them a benefit traveling in the night.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Dei rides his magically summoned mount in the rear since this is the first time he has traveled with this party. He knows that they are seasoned warriors and doesn't want to be in the way. Till he can get a feel for them and they for him, he will help watch the rear.

With all his new equipment he believes he is ready for anything a haunted volcano mine can throw at him.

[sblock=OOC] Casted mount to provide me a horse for 12 hours. If we travel longer than that I have a back up scroll. All new equipment bought and character sheet has been updated. Let's kick evil temple butt.[/sblock]

You march for two to three hours in bare scenery of cliffs, mountains and hills. The terrain around is dotted with rocks, stones, boulders and scrubs. Neither high trees nor thick bushes are around. Probably the denizens of the land chopped them for their own use long ago. The dirt trail is barley lit since the dark sky above your head are covered with clouds (You need a source of light unless you prefer to walk in 80% darkness, but those who can see in the dark can spot the path and lead the others).
Luckily, you encounter nothing during your travel.

After some hours you reach an intersection that circles the collapsed volcano. There is a trail that goes to the south and a second one to the east along high dark rocky cliffs. Surly the area looks marvelous during the day time. Now you can barely see ...

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn points to the trail heading east along the cliffs, though he is unsure if the others can see the gesture in the dim light. "Our path lies there, t' the east."

s@squ@tch

First Post
Lenuran

"But what of the southern fork?" says Lenuran, staring off into that direction.

"How certain can we be that we choose the right path?"

OOC: Possible Bardic Knowledge check about the place?

Rhun

First Post
"It be the directions given us by Rerrid," says Korbryn, a bit gruffly. "Ye be doubtin' me memory o' simple directions?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Wait.. wait can anyone see which way those slavers went? I can hardly see my feet in the stirrups much less the ground around here." Dei says moving his mount in a small circle.

"I hate to say it too, but I am getting a little tired." he says glad the darkness will hide his embrassement. "Shouldn't try to find a way in when the sun is up?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases