Keep on the Shadowfell preview

hong

WotC's bitch
Derren said:
Battle Tactic 101: The defender must be as far away from the enemy as possible...

Care to explain why you think that this is a good fix Hong?

Battle tactic 102: the attacker must be as close to the enemy as possible.

Because many people complained that the "run away" paladin was not very defenderish and the new rules don't fix that and it is still easily exploited by having a second defender in the group.

People complain about all sorts of things.

Hmm.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Primal said:
So you throw a dagger in a "tricky" way, and get to move the target? How does it happen? You throw the dagger and he has to move in order to dodge it (even against his will -- note that in some cases it would be more reasonable just to take the hit)? Or is the throw so mightily powerful, that when your dagger hits, the target (regardless of its strength, size or weight) is knocked out of its socks?
Sorry, I left out the flavor text
Through a series of feints and lures, you maneuver your foe right where you want him.

pukunui

Legend
Obscure said:
...until the PHB comes out 2 weeks after you start playing KotS.
Yeah, that's the only thing that bugs me about this release. Why didn't they release the adventure far enough in advance that you'd actually have a chance to play through it before the books come out?

Serendipity

Explorer
thalmin said:
Rogue Daily: Trick Strike
Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Melee or Ranged weapon
Target one creature
Attack +8 vs AC (normal)
Hit 3d4+4 damage, and you can slide the target 1 square. (standard is 1d4+1 for character)
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, each time you hit the target you can slide it 1 square.

** whistles ** That's pretty butch for a 1st level character. Wow. Especially if it's melee or ranged.

You Sir, rock hard for posting all this. Thank you muchly. :)

Thanks, Thalmin, you the man. (Edit: I mean every FLGS I have contacted is unsure and I have contacted pretty much every one in NZ) Pretty much every FLGS in NZ I have contacted are not even sure if they are going to get the 4E stuff by the 6th so not only are you the man but you are a lucky bugger ;)

Sojorn

First Post
thalmin said:
Sorry, I left out the flavor text
Through a series of feints and lures, you maneuver your foe right where you want him.
I think I'm going to be going more for the "he's just that lucky" angle.

"Oh, you managed to hit the orc's old war wound, opening it up and causing him to stumble in pain? Did you know it was there? No? Weird. Wonder why this stuff always happens to you?"

More likely to be using a hand crossbow rather than daggers though. Goes better with him being a tinkerer and locksmith apprentice from before starting to adventure.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
mach1.9pants said:
Thanks, Thalmin, you the man. (Edit: I mean every FLGS I have contacted is unsure and I have contacted pretty much every one in NZ) Pretty much every FLGS in NZ I have contacted are not even sure if they are going to get the 4E stuff by the 6th so not only are you the man but you are a lucky bugger ;)
Not that lucky. I haven't done any work since I got to work today. FedEx arrived shortly after I got here, and I've been reading and posting ever since. Good thing my staff understands.

And you are all welcome.

pukunui

Legend
mach1.9pants said:
Yeah, I've ordered my books from Amazon because not only are the FLGS's here in Auckland slow, they're also ridiculously overpriced ... but, of course, I don't want to pay as much in shipping as the books cost themselves in order to get them here quickly, so I won't be getting my books until several weeks after everyone in America gets them ... sigh!

Verys Arkon

First Post
keterys said:
Reactions occur after a preceding _action_ which is a bit different from a turn. Interrupts occur before/in the middle of an action.

The Scalegloom handout on my hard drive* does say that clearly ;)

* The original, I make no allowance for if it got changed on its way into the PrC or dnd4e.com or anywhere else.

I went back to compare the PrRC's quote of the Scalegloom Hall rules, and I don't seen any variation.

Immediate Action
Interrupts and reactions are immediate actions. Specific powers
define the trigger for these actions. You can take only one
immediate action per round, and you can't take an immediate
action on your turn. You only get one immediate action per
round; presumably, they reset on your action.
• An interrupt lets you act before the triggering action is
resolved. If the interrupt invalidates the triggering action,
that action is lost.
• A reaction lets you act immediately in response to a
triggering action. The triggering action is completely
resolved before you take your reaction.

Remove ads