Keep on the Shadowfell preview

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Tallarn said:
Thalmin - thank you so much for posting all this information!

I was excited to get the adventure anyway, but now I'm really keen.

My question is about the maps - are they maps that can be used to play on, meaning do they have the one-inch square marked on?
Yes, they are poster maps much like found in the Fantastic Location products, with one notable difference: they contain no DDM notations like "Victory Area".

vagabundo

Adventurer
thalmin said:
There could well be more, I have not read the adventure, but the only skill challenges I have seen involve the traps, which really are Thievery skill challenges. There are many skill checks throughout the adventure. I saw no mention of Grappling or Encumbrance.

Thanks for info! I was hoping for some juicy scoops. :D

thalmin

Retired game store owner
erf_beto said:
Great stuff, thalmin!
Thanks! :D

Though I'm guessing none of this will be answered in KotS, could you tell us how (or if) the pick-one-out-of-two wizard dailies are affected by leveling up? Or, better, are there scrolls or something that a wizard finds/borrows and can copy/add to his spellbook?

Also, do we get more Channel Divinity options? Can you use them more than once when you level up?

Thanks!
This Paladin has only one Channel Divinity power: Divine Strength (adds Str mod again to damage), no more at 2nd or 3rd.
The Cleric has 3 options: Divine Fortune (+1 bonus to next attack roll OR saving throw before end of next turn) Turn Undead, and Armor of Bahamat (Feat Power, Immediate Interrupt, turn a Critical Hit against you or an ally into a normal hit) all are Encounter powers. No change on levelling up. No mention whether can only use 1 of the Channels.
No mention for the Wizard daily pick changing when leveling, though he does gain a level 2 utility daily: Expeditious Retreat.
I haven't read the adventure to know whether there are scrolls or spellbooks to pick up.

Last edited:

thalmin

Retired game store owner
The adventure announces to the DM where some "Safe Havens" are, places the party can take an extended rest. Also, notes where characters may have leveled up at the end of a couple encounters.

There are some encounter areas which are not included on the poster maps, so a Battle Mat or Dungeon Tiles will be helpful (no layouts suggested for the Dungeon Tiles, unfortunately). Perhaps DDI will provide downloadable maps?

edit: The back of the package does say "For use with these ... products:" then lists the core books, D&D Miniatures, and D&D Dungeon Tiles.

Last edited:

Kitirat

First Post
Cleric at-wills?

Just really interested in what they are, specifically if they are all rays of light range 5 type "blast" attacks.

Thanks in advance for the info.

See ya,
Ken

Remove ads