Keep on the Shadowfell preview

Gargazon

First Post
Sojorn said:
!!!!!!

Ranged? Long live the throwing dagger rogue!

I guess this kills concerns about Rogues being shoehorned into melee combat with light blades.

Wait... there's no weapon type restriction either!?

Primal

First Post
Kahoots said:
Check his post again. He's updated it.

[sblock]A human with a skull-capped rod seems villiany to me[/sblock]

I wonder if they did a mini for him? I *think* I saw a 4E mini called "A Human With a Skull-Capped Rod" in MM, though. He was right next to the "A Human Wearing a Black Hooded Cloak and Wielding a White Quarterstaff [not to confused with "An Elf Wearing a Green Hooded Cloak and a Black Longbow", MM Page 256]. ;P

Maybe they should have come up with a name for him, or even some sort of silly exception-based "type" (e.g. "Human Skullwand Arcanist").

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Rechan said:
With a sling, I can see that. Or a good ol' rock. :cool:

I want to know about the [sblock]zombies[/sblock]. But I can wait. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Please use the spoiler tag, (sblock) (/sblock) but use [ instead of (

Bishmon

First Post
thalmin said:
Draconic Heritage: Your Healing Surge value is equal to one-quarter of you maximum hit points + your Constitution modifier.
I wonder if that includes the +1/2 level like skill check modifiers, because if it doesn't, that ability peaks at level one and loses effectiveness until it's mostly irrelevant in the mid-paragon tier.

If it does scale with level, though, that's nice.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Primal said:
I wonder if they did a mini for him? I *think* I saw a 4E mini called [sblock]"A Human With a Skull-Capped Rod" [/sblock]in MM, though. He was right next to the "A Human Wearing a Black Hooded Cloak and Wielding a White Quarterstaff [not to confused with "An Elf Wearing a Green Hooded Cloak and a Black Longbow", MM Page 256]. ;P

Maybe they should have come up with a name for him, or even some sort of silly exception-based "type" (e.g. [sblock]"Human Skullwand Arcanist")[/sblock].
Actually they did. [sblock] Kalarel, Scion of Orcus [/sblock]
Please use spoilers.

Kahoots

First Post
Primal said:
I wonder if they did a mini for him? I *think* I saw a 4E mini called "A Human With a Skull-Capped Rod" in MM, though. He was right next to the "A Human Wearing a Black Hooded Cloak and Wielding a White Quarterstaff [not to confused with "An Elf Wearing a Green Hooded Cloak and a Black Longbow", MM Page 256].
Don't spoil it! They are the BBEGs for H2 and H3! Shh! [/sarcasm] ;)

Kordeth

First Post
Bishmon said:
I wonder if that includes the +1/2 level like skill check modifiers, because if it doesn't, that ability peaks at level one and loses effectiveness until it's mostly irrelevant in the mid-paragon tier.

If it does scale with level, though, that's nice.

Ability modifiers don't scale with level. You add 1/2 your level to ability checks. Nevertheless, with hit point totals being much more tightly controlled, and pretty frequent ability boosts, this ability is never going to be irrelevant--depending on your class and Con, it might be anywhere from 1/2 a level's worth of hit points to a whole level's worth added to all of your healing surges. Not bad for something you get automatically and for free.

Remove ads