Chicago Gameday XX Planning thread: June 14th is our date

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz

Adventurer
[highlight]This thread is for planning purposes only. A separate thread will be created for player sign-up closer to Gameday. A link to that thread will be posted here.[/highlight]

[h1]Gameday XX Planning[/h1]
This is the planning thread for Chicago Gameday XX. If you're interested in running an event for Gameday, or just have planning help to offer, this is the thread for you. If you're confused, go here to learn more about Chicago Gameday.

[h2]The Time, The Place, The Basics[/h2]
[highlight]Gameday XX will be held on Saturday, June 14th. Events start at 9:30am[/highlight]. Gameday XX will be hosted by Games Plus, a.k.a., Earth's Greatest Game Store™.

Gameday has two event slots that are 4-5 hours each: a morning slot from 9:30am to 2:30pm, and an afternoon slot from 3:30pm to 8:00pm (and beyond). We typically run six events in each slot, with 4-6 players plus GM in each event. [highlight]GMs may request more/fewer seats in their event, but we have found that 4-6 players per event is ideal.[/highlight]

If you do not have an ENWorld Community Supporter account with Private Messaging enabled, please make sure I have your email address. Feel free to email me.

[h2]Submitting and Running an Event[/h2]
[highlight]How do I sign up to run an event?[/highlight]
If you would like to run an event for Gameday XX, please post a proposal in this thread.

[highlight]What info should I provide as part of my proposal?[/highlight]
At the minimum, we need to know:
  • The game system you will be using
  • How many players will be accomodated
  • A catchy title
  • An event "blurb," i.e., a basic summary of your event
  • Whether you want to run the event in the morning or the afternoon

Optional, yet helpful info you can provide includes:
  • If there is a particular table you would like to use
  • Whether your event expects prior experience with the rules
  • Whether your event is or isn't suitable for all ages
  • Whether pregens will be provided
  • Links to said pregens (PDFs, Word files, etc)
  • Links to info about the game system
  • Links to any other files you'd like to offer potential players
  • Any images you might like included in the final event description

[highlight]How long should my event last?[/highlight]
Your event should last at least 4 hours.

If you are running an event in the morning, it should not run longer than 5 hours, as you will be taking time away from the lunch break.

Events run in the afternoon may last longer than 5 hours, but please be respectful of: a) Games Plus hours of operation, and b) the needs of players who may be reliant on the Metra scheudle.

[highlight]When do poeple sign up for my event?[/highlight]
A separate player sign-up thread will be created in a few weeks. You will be notified in advance of the sign-up thread going live.

[highlight]May I screen potential players?[/highlight]
Pre-approval of player sign-ups is not allowed. By volunteering to run an event, you're agreeing to run it for whomever signs up. Thankfully, everyone who comes to Gameday is totally awesome.

[highlight]What if I want or need to cancel my event?[/highlight]
Once the sign-up thread begins, GM volunteers have until one week before Gameday in which they may remove their event from the schedule. After that point, the schedule is set, and you are expected to come ready to run your event, regardless of whether anyone has signed up for it. Barring genuine emergencies, of course.

[highlight]May I run more than one event?[/highlight]
I would ask that people initially refrain from submitting more than one event. I want to give as many people as possible the chance to submit an event before GMs start doubling up. As soon as we see there is room available, GMs can add second events.

[h2]Current Event Lineup[/h2]
[highlight]Morning: 9:30am - 2:30pm[/highlight]
  1. Trevalon Moonleirion, Feng Shui, TBA, 6 players
  2. Vyvyan Basterd, Paranoia XP, "Against the Little Guys," 6 players
  3. Reidzilla, Trail of Cthulhu, TBA, 4 players (Reidzilla's table)
  4. Pbartender, D&D 4e, "Keep on the Shadowfell: The Missing Mentor," 6 players
  5. Cerebral Paladin, D&D 4e, "Once More into the Breach," 6 players
  6. WJMacGuffin, H3: Heaven, Hell & Hegemon, "The Angel and the Deep Blue Sea," 6 players
  7. William Ronald, D&D 3.5/Arcana Evolved, "The Pearl of Storms"
  8. ...

[highlight]Afternoon: 3:30pm - 8:00pm[/highlight]
  1. buzz, Burning Wheel, "The Gift," 8 players (one of the tables in back)
  2. TracerBullet42, D&D 3.5, "AND THE SECRET INGREDIENT IS...(no, it's not people...well, maybe a little)," 6 players
  3. Ninjacat, Unisystem Classic, "A Murder of Crowes," 6 players
  4. Mark, D&D, "Rogue's Revenge!" (private room), 5 players
  5. HinterWelt, TBA, "In to the Forge," 6 players
  6. WJMacGuffin, Paranoia XP, "Send In The Clones," 8 players (some big table)
  7. ekb, Agon/Delta Green, TBA, 3+ players
  8. ...

[h2]Suggestions[/h2]
If you have suggestions, recommendations, or ideas for enhancing the fun of Gameday, please feel free to post them here and we'll open up discussion.

Last edited:

TracerBullet42

First Post
Oooh, look what I stumbled across even before your email...What do I win?

I'd like to claim an afternoon slot for some D&D 3.5.

And so it begins...

TB, I want in on this D&D bizzniss. No leaving early this time, either!

Buzz, it's highly likely by the time we get our signup thread going that I'll be out of the country, touring Europe with my choir, with unknown amounts of internet access from the 15th to the 28th. I'll shoot you an email, but would it perhaps be possible to sign up a bit early?

As for now.... I'd like a morning slot.

The name of the game is Feng Shui, and a fully fleshed out blurb will come shortly.

Expect comedic action nonsense, and a return of the six stars of our last gameday debacle: The Unlucky Dragon. Yes. Dieter, Sophie, Beck, Kar-Wai, Benjamin, and Jim are all back for an action packed sequel.

MORE EXPLOSIONS. MORE GUNFIGHTS. MORE CAR CHASES.

*cue shot of Dieter maniacally pressing button on remote, followed by explosion. run date in block letters*

6-14-08

TracerBullet42

First Post
Trevalon Moonleirion said:
TB, I want in on this D&D bizzniss. No leaving early this time, either!
Leaving early? Hi, my name is TB...perhaps we haven't met?

*cue shot of Dieter maniacally pressing button on remote, followed by explosion. run date in block letters*

6-14-08
I love Dieter, be it Feng Shui or Ghostbusters, he rules.

TracerBullet42 said:
Leaving early? Hi, my name is TB...perhaps we haven't met?

I love Dieter, be it Feng Shui or Ghostbusters, he rules.

The last time I signed up for your D&D game you either missed the day or left early due to illness.

Or "illness"

But you're forgiven. Much like Dieter, you're just a hard guy to not like. ;)

Ninjacat

First Post
W00t, GameDay! And we're up to number 20, how spiffy!

Buzz, I'll be running the last part of my Supernatural trilogy this time, in an afternoon slot, please.

"A Murder of Crowes", Unisystem Classic

It's been a quiet night at the Roadhouse, one or two "normals" passing through and maybe putting the usual patrons of Harvelle's that slightest bit on edge, always a pain when hunters have to play nice with the normals in a place where they're supposed to be able to relax. But there weren't any problems, and now it's the wee hours of the morning, the Roadhouse shutting down & visiting Hunters settling in for the night when a group who were on an important hunt down in Kansas return. Something followed them back...

"A Murder of Crowes" is a Unisystem adventure for up to six players in the setting of the CW's Supernatural television show. No experience necessary; Unisystem is a simple system to learn and use, requiring only 1d10 for all rolls other than damage. Familiarity with the Supernatural TV show is not needed, though it might prove useful. The only thing you need to know is that ghosts, demons, hauntings, possessions, etcetera are real, and some people fight back against the supernatural, saving people, hunting things...

Buzz, I also touched up my pic of Harvelle's Roadhouse, not so dark and hard to see, if you want to link to my site or reload it to yours. Thanks!

Roadhouse.jpg

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
Buzz, it's highly likely by the time we get our signup thread going that I'll be out of the country, touring Europe with my choir, with unknown amounts of internet access from the 15th to the 28th. I'll shoot you an email, but would it perhaps be possible to sign up a bit early?
No sweat, choirboy!

As for now.... I'd like a morning slot.

The name of the game is Feng Shui, and a fully fleshed out blurb will come shortly.
Kewl. Added!

Ninjacat said:
Buzz, I'll be running the last part of my Supernatural trilogy this time, in an afternoon slot, please.
Ooo! Trilogy! I'll make a point to use the new pic.

buzz

Adventurer
FYI, this typically being the "big" Gameday of the year, we can go over six events in each slot.

I'll probably run another game in the morning, too, but will wait and see how the schedule shapes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases