TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Larcen

Explorer
Hey Gary, hurry up and get here on the East Coast. My friends and I are eagerly awaiting meeting you at Higgins Armory. :cool: :cool:

I want to see you wield a longsword with the Guild guys.

Now to come up with even MORE questions to ask you in person.... :confused:

Uriah Heep

First Post
Higgins Armory

Hi Gary, it was great meeting you at Higgins Armory in Worcester Mass. on Saturday, April 26. This is also my first time posting here. I look forward to talking to you when you get back.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Heh - I thought Mearls, Sagrabah and I monopolized most of his time. I'm glad to see that wasn't entirely the case. :)

Uriah, welcome!

- Piratecat

PS Boschdevil, interestingly enough Sticky threads actually get less views than regular threads. Odd, but true. I think we're better off just leaving this one as is, since it will get a boost every time someone asks a question.

Larcen

Explorer
Hey! PC, you were there?? I wish I knew, I could have introduced myself.

I was the tall guy with the black hooded sweatshirt, glasses, and crewcut sitting to Gary's left all the way in the back. I kept asking all the silly questions and kept getting up to check out all the swords as they were brought out.
:p

Thing is, I was asking all those questions in order to steal some of Jeffries (?) thunder and throw it back into Gary's court. Man, don't get me started on how steamed me and my friend's got over how the Guild monopolized EGG's time. So no, YOU didn't do it, THEY did. :mad:

Anyway, so where were you sitting?

And who are Mearls, Sagrabah?

BTW, yeah Phil.. I mean Uriah, welcome aboard! ;)

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

First Post
EGG in Worcester

Hey PC, where/who are you? I was there with Larcen. All Larcen, a friend of our, and myself could talk about on the way home is how arrogant Jeffrey was. We were upset that there was not more time with EGG.

Uriah Heep

First Post
Thanks Larcen

Thanks Larcen, not like we don't talk that much, eh?? LOL. Anyway, how is everyone here? Any ideas on how to make either edition of the game better? Come on, I know there has got to be one or two things that can make the games better??:p

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
We were goobers and didn't go for the whole $50/$75 seminar; instead, we toured the museum and then chatted with Gary afterwards, while he was signing books up in the Great Hall.

How was it? Did you have fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases