Q&A with Gary Gygax - Page 138
  1. #1371
    Dangerous Journeys was a system I was curious about for a long time, and I've recently started picking up and reading the books. It looks great so far. I'm really looking forward to starting a campaign.
    Gary, a question regarding the Necropolis adventure. It's such a large and detailed book. Was that written for the Mythus system from the beginning, or was it something that you had been working on prior to the development of Mythus and then converted?
    Scott

  2. #1372
    Father of the Game
    Ancient Red Dragon (Lvl 30)

    Col_Pladoh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lake Geneva, WI
    Posts
    4,756
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Col_Pladoh


    Friend+
    Originally posted by Hadit
    Hey Gary,

    Have you had a chance to see a publication called Demonographia, by Trident Books? It is a complete collection of illustrations of demons as decribed in J.A.S. Collin de Plancy's Dictionnaire Infernal (along with descriptive text).
    Its a very classy book and quite useful for GM inspiration in regards to infernal adventures!

    In case you are intrigued, Trident Books address is: P.O. Box 85811, Seattle, WA, 98105.

    Take care, Duglas
    Thanks Hadit

    That sounds like an excellent work for the reference library of all GMs and writers in the fantasy genre. I'll put it on my wish list! Does Trident have a website? I was wondering what the price tag is...

    Cheers,
    Gasr
    XP Scott DeWar, Mark CMG gave XP for this post

  3. #1373
    Father of the Game
    Ancient Red Dragon (Lvl 30)

    Col_Pladoh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lake Geneva, WI
    Posts
    4,756
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Col_Pladoh


    Friend+
    Originally posted by mythusmage


    Well, in that case, Infinite Adventures it is. Got some people to contact, the rest of it I'll leave to your imagination.

    Golly Gee, Alan!

    I wonder what you are hnting at...

    Heh,
    Gary
    XP Scott DeWar, Mark CMG gave XP for this post

  4. #1374
    Father of the Game
    Ancient Red Dragon (Lvl 30)

    Col_Pladoh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lake Geneva, WI
    Posts
    4,756
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Col_Pladoh


    Friend+
    Originally posted by ScottGLXIX
    Dangerous Journeys was a system I was curious about for a long time, and I've recently started picking up and reading the books. It looks great so far. I'm really looking forward to starting a campaign.
    Gary, a question regarding the Necropolis adventure. It's such a large and detailed book. Was that written for the Mythus system from the beginning, or was it something that you had been working on prior to the development of Mythus and then converted?
    Scott
    The Necropolis adventure was written for Mythus alone. I began it after the core rules were completed

    Cheers,
    Gary
    XP Scott DeWar, Mark CMG gave XP for this post

  5. #1375
    Member
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    San Diego, CA USA
    Posts
    3,415
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block mythusmage


    Friend+
    Originally posted by Col_Pladoh


    Golly Gee, Alan!

    I wonder what you are hnting at...

    Heh,
    Gary
    If you're gonna ask me question, you'll have to start a whole new thread.

    And since we're supposed to ask you questions; any possibility of an LA Modern?

  6. #1376
    Father of the Game
    Ancient Red Dragon (Lvl 30)

    Col_Pladoh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lake Geneva, WI
    Posts
    4,756
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Col_Pladoh


    Friend+
    Originally posted by mythusmage


    If you're gonna ask me question, you'll have to start a whole new thread.

    And since we're supposed to ask you questions; any possibility of an LA Modern?
    Ho-ho-ho!

    Alan, it's your place to start a DJ thread, eh?

    As for LA modern, a couple of the guys are developing material for their own campaigns, but the next official product in another genre will be the LEJENDARY ASTEROGUES Fantastical Science material...and I still haven't finished the campaign setting material... but the core rules are all ready to go.

    Ciao,
    Gary
    XP Scott DeWar, Mark CMG gave XP for this post

  7. #1377
    Member
    Gallant (Lvl 3)



    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    39
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Hadit


    Friend+
    Originally posted by Col_Pladoh


    Thanks Hadit

    That sounds like an excellent work for the reference library of all GMs and writers in the fantasy genre. I'll put it on my wish list! Does Trident have a website? I was wondering what the price tag is...

    Cheers,
    Gasr
    They do... http://www.tridentbooks.us/

    I confess that I've suggested a book to you that appears to be out-of-print now (having just perused the website myself)... I apologize.
    (My copy was a gift from a book publishing friend.)

    There is a copy available on Ebay for around $120 the last I checked. (Yikes!)

    Nevertheless, when reading the Demonographia I was struck by the similarites between the demon descriptions within and some of the descriptions of AD&D demons and devils.
    Was the Dictionnaire Infernal an inspiration for you when writing that part of the Monster Manual?

    Take care, Duglas

  8. #1378
    Father of the Game
    Ancient Red Dragon (Lvl 30)

    Col_Pladoh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lake Geneva, WI
    Posts
    4,756
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Col_Pladoh


    Friend+
    Originally posted by Hadit


    They do... http://www.tridentbooks.us/

    I confess that I've suggested a book to you that appears to be out-of-print now (having just perused the website myself)... I apologize.
    (My copy was a gift from a book publishing friend.)

    There is a copy available on Ebay for around $120 the last I checked. (Yikes!)

    Nevertheless, when reading the Demonographia I was struck by the similarites between the demon descriptions within and some of the descriptions of AD&D demons and devils.
    Was the Dictionnaire Infernal an inspiration for you when writing that part of the Monster Manual?

    Take care, Duglas
    Whoa!

    Not likely I'll part with over $100 for the book.

    The demon descriptions found in the AD&D works I did are strictly from my own imagination, and I have never seen Demonographia. Must be parallel creative description-illustrative rendering of the same envisaged looks.

    Cheers,
    Gary
    XP Scott DeWar, Mark CMG gave XP for this post

  9. #1379
    Mythusmage, you're intriguing me! Spill the beans, will ya?

  10. #1380
    Yeah Mythus, spill the beans already. I'm currently in the process of tracking down copies of all of the DJ/Mythus material. I'd prefer a new set of Infinate Adventures books to the ok set of Dangerous Journeys/Mythus books I've been collecting.
    I don't really know what's going on but, when Gary preferred Infinate Adventures, there was no Lejendary Adventures. Just something you might consider.
    Scott

Closed Thread
Page 138 of 880 FirstFirst ... 3888128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148188238638 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Eulogy of Gary Gygax (courtesy of Luke Gygax)
    By Mark CMG in forum Roleplaying Games General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Tuesday, 4th March, 2014, 08:58 PM
  2. Slate article on Gary's legacy (Merged with Gary Gygax Slandered)
    By maggot in forum Roleplaying Games General Discussion
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: Monday, 17th March, 2008, 11:07 PM
  3. In regards to Gary Gygax, A thank you to all of you.
    By KRBourgoine in forum Roleplaying Games General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Wednesday, 12th March, 2008, 01:22 PM
  4. Thank you,Gary Gygax!
    By elforcelf in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Thursday, 29th December, 2005, 04:31 AM
  5. Q&A with Gary Gygax Pt. 3
    By Dinkeldog in forum Archive-threads
    Replies: 350
    Last Post: Tuesday, 22nd July, 2003, 04:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •