TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ScottGLXIX

First Post
Dangerous Journeys was a system I was curious about for a long time, and I've recently started picking up and reading the books. It looks great so far. I'm really looking forward to starting a campaign.
Gary, a question regarding the Necropolis adventure. It's such a large and detailed book. Was that written for the Mythus system from the beginning, or was it something that you had been working on prior to the development of Mythus and then converted?
Scott

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Hadit said:
Hey Gary,

Have you had a chance to see a publication called Demonographia, by Trident Books? It is a complete collection of illustrations of demons as decribed in J.A.S. Collin de Plancy's Dictionnaire Infernal (along with descriptive text).
Its a very classy book and quite useful for GM inspiration in regards to infernal adventures!

In case you are intrigued, Trident Books address is: P.O. Box 85811, Seattle, WA, 98105.

Take care, Duglas

Thanks Hadit:)

That sounds like an excellent work for the reference library of all GMs and writers in the fantasy genre. I'll put it on my wish list! Does Trident have a website? I was wondering what the price tag is...

Cheers,
Gasr

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
mythusmage said:

Well, in that case, Infinite Adventures it is. Got some people to contact, the rest of it I'll leave to your imagination.

;)

Golly Gee, Alan!

I wonder what you are hnting at...

Heh,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
ScottGLXIX said:
Dangerous Journeys was a system I was curious about for a long time, and I've recently started picking up and reading the books. It looks great so far. I'm really looking forward to starting a campaign.
Gary, a question regarding the Necropolis adventure. It's such a large and detailed book. Was that written for the Mythus system from the beginning, or was it something that you had been working on prior to the development of Mythus and then converted?
Scott

The Necropolis adventure was written for Mythus alone. I began it after the core rules were completed;)

Cheers,
Gary

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
Col_Pladoh said:

Golly Gee, Alan!

I wonder what you are hnting at...

Heh,
Gary

If you're gonna ask me question, you'll have to start a whole new thread.:p

And since we're supposed to ask you questions; any possibility of an LA Modern?

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
mythusmage said:

If you're gonna ask me question, you'll have to start a whole new thread.:p

And since we're supposed to ask you questions; any possibility of an LA Modern?

Ho-ho-ho!

Alan, it's your place to start a DJ thread, eh?

As for LA modern, a couple of the guys are developing material for their own campaigns, but the next official product in another genre will be the LEJENDARY ASTEROGUES Fantastical Science material...and I still haven't finished the campaign setting material... but the core rules are all ready to go.

Ciao,
Gary

Hadit

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:

Thanks Hadit:)

That sounds like an excellent work for the reference library of all GMs and writers in the fantasy genre. I'll put it on my wish list! Does Trident have a website? I was wondering what the price tag is...

Cheers,
Gasr

They do... http://www.tridentbooks.us/

I confess that I've suggested a book to you that appears to be out-of-print now (having just perused the website myself)... I apologize.
(My copy was a gift from a book publishing friend.)

There is a copy available on Ebay for around $120 the last I checked. (Yikes!)

Nevertheless, when reading the Demonographia I was struck by the similarites between the demon descriptions within and some of the descriptions of AD&D demons and devils.
Was the Dictionnaire Infernal an inspiration for you when writing that part of the Monster Manual?

Take care, Duglas

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Hadit said:

They do... http://www.tridentbooks.us/

I confess that I've suggested a book to you that appears to be out-of-print now (having just perused the website myself)... I apologize.
(My copy was a gift from a book publishing friend.)

There is a copy available on Ebay for around $120 the last I checked. (Yikes!)

Nevertheless, when reading the Demonographia I was struck by the similarites between the demon descriptions within and some of the descriptions of AD&D demons and devils.
Was the Dictionnaire Infernal an inspiration for you when writing that part of the Monster Manual?

Take care, Duglas

Whoa!

Not likely I'll part with over $100 for the book.

The demon descriptions found in the AD&D works I did are strictly from my own imagination, and I have never seen Demonographia. Must be parallel creative description-illustrative rendering of the same envisaged looks.

Cheers,
Gary

ScottGLXIX

First Post
Yeah Mythus, spill the beans already. I'm currently in the process of tracking down copies of all of the DJ/Mythus material. I'd prefer a new set of Infinate Adventures books to the ok set of Dangerous Journeys/Mythus books I've been collecting.
I don't really know what's going on but, when Gary preferred Infinate Adventures, there was no Lejendary Adventures. Just something you might consider.
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases