TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Elton

First Post
jasper said:
How dare you make fun of wolf spiders Gary. We all know Drow are as as sympathetic and caring as IRS agents on audit.

No, you're both wrong. The Drow are as sympathetic and caring as Osama Bin Ladin.

Mythmere1

First Post
Hi again, Colonel. I have a question about Castle Zagyg. Will it contain the room that's depicted on the front cover of the AD&D Players Handbook - the horned idol with the jeweled eyes? Or was that room just invented by DAT?

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Gentlegamer said:
I think this analogy is rather apt . . .
Not so, as the Drow have no political agenda, do not desire to do more than enslave, pillage, loot, and send sacrificial victims to Lolth.

:eek:
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Mythmere1 said:
Hi again, Colonel. I have a question about Castle Zagyg. Will it contain the room that's depicted on the front cover of the AD&D Players Handbook - the horned idol with the jeweled eyes? Or was that room just invented by DAT?
That particular scene was indeed the creation of the fertile imagination of Tramp.

Have you ever noticed that virtually all of the persons depicted are in the likeness of Dave Trampier? There is one dweeb-like chap on the back cover though that has a certain resemblance to your's truly back 30 years ago :lol:

Cheers,
Gary

Zudrak

Explorer
Icons

Gary,

Did you happen to catch the show "Icons" on X-Play last night? It airs on the G4 / Tech TV channel, if you have it. Last night's featured icon was Dungeons & Dragons. Of course, it is hard to report all of D&D's history in 30 minutes (less commercial time), but I thought it was a nice presentation of the story. They avoided a lot of the messier moments in the history, but it was well-done. Being X-Play, they related the paper and pencil game to its computer spin-offs, starting with "Pool of Radiance" and moved up to the present.

I was pleasantly surprised to see them focus on the beginnings of RPG's by shooting some footage of Lake Geneva (it looked icy cold in the film they shot) and showing pictures of yourself and Dave Arneson.

Zudrak

Gentlegamer

Adventurer
Col_Pladoh said:
Not so, as the Drow have no political agenda, do not desire to do more than enslave, pillage, loot, and send sacrificial victims to Lolth.

:eek:
Gary
And this differs in what way from that of Bin Laden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases