TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlegamer

Adventurer
I'm only 27, but since I'm immune to "chronological snobbery," I usually think of myself as an "oldschooler," too (and not just in gaming).

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Gentlegamer said:
I'm only 27, but since I'm immune to "chronological snobbery," I usually think of myself as an "oldschooler," too (and not just in gaming).
Heh,

Most of the "chronological snobbery" comes from the low end towards the high end of accumulated years :eek:

Cheers,
Gary

Gentlegamer

Adventurer
Col_Pladoh said:
Heh,

Most of the "chronological snobbery" comes from the low end towards the high end of accumulated years :eek:
Quite true! I use the term as C. S. Lewis originally coined it: discounting what came before simply because it came before. Best described as an obsession with the present and "fadishness."

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Gentlegamer said:
Quite true! I use the term as C. S. Lewis originally coined it: discounting what came before simply because it came before. Best described as an obsession with the present and "fadishness."
Can you say LA/Hollywood?

:lol:
Gary

Gaxmoor?

Hey Gary,

Where, if anywhere, would you put Gaxmoor in the World of Greyhawk? Seems like maybe the frontiers of the Great Kingdom -- Bone March or Medegia.

I think I know where to put your Castle when it's done . . . ;)

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
haakon1 said:
Hey Gary,

Where, if anywhere, would you put Gaxmoor in the World of Greyhawk? Seems like maybe the frontiers of the Great Kingdom -- Bone March or Medegia.

I hadn't thought about a placement on the Oeridian continent, but Haakon, I agree with you that it needs to be in the east around the Great Kingdom. Bone March is an excellent choice.

If you have the short intro I did for the module, the encounter with the gnoll raiders, that fits will with bone March or Medigia as well.

Ciao,
Gary

trollwad

First Post
Actually where would you put yggsburgh if you want to keep greyhawk as is? somewhere in the cairn hills to the south not far from the swamp?

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
trollwad said:
Actually where would you put yggsburgh if you want to keep greyhawk as is? somewhere in the cairn hills to the south not far from the swamp?
Heh...

Well, Yggsburgh it at a river junction, there's a large free city westwards at the mouth of the River Nemo, there are lots of hills around, mainly northwards, and there are some marshes near to it also, so your suggestion seems appropos ;)

Cheers,
Gary

ScottyG

First Post
haakon1 said:
Hey Gary,

I worked with Ernie on Gaxmoor. In the playtest/in the original background info, Gaxmoor was set on the western edge of Veluna, an area that could be reached with relative ease by the pre-migration Oeridians.
In my home campaign, I changed Gaxmoor to one of the first post-migration cities founded by the Oeridians. I placed it in Sunndi. I also changed the patron god of the place from Farlanghn to Pholtus. I tied the whole thing to Rob Kuntz's Maze of Xaene/Zayene series (set in the Great Kingdom), by making Zayene the one responsible for pulling the city back to the prime.
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases