TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Frank Mentzer said:
Oh scholarly senescent sloth:

In certain early TSR works if the 1970s, you sometimes wrote a Foreword, sometimes a Foreward, and sometimes a Forward.

Was there a hidden message in such variations?

-- ye nagge
Sure!

Lazy, shiftless, good for nothing editors, do your petty work and be quick about it. Them who can't put ideas together can clean up the spelling of those who can :p

Heh,
Gary

Gentlegamer

Adventurer
Col_Pladoh said:
Howdy:)

As a DM who wants the players to be as pleased as possible with the process. I typically allow stat rolls of d46, taking the three highest, and allowing the totals to be arranged in whatever order the player desires.

In regards to HPs, I typically say re-roll any 1, and I agree with the initial GD being at the max--a good way to assist in survival of low-lEvEl PCs :cool:

Cheers,
Gary
d46! :p

dcas

First Post
JRRNeiklot said:
Toll roads? Our taxes already maintain the roads. Down south we lynch politicians who try to vote in that kind of crap. No tolls here.

I prefer tolls to taxes (why should someone pay taxes for a road on which he might not even drive?), and NJ gas taxes are nice and low.

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
dcas said:
I prefer tolls to taxes (why should someone pay taxes for a road on which he might not even drive?), and NJ gas taxes are nice and low.
I concur...

...but that is political, and so forbidden hereon :uhoh:

Cheers,
Gary

JRRNeiklot

First Post
dcas said:

I would agree if tolls replaced taxes, but they seldom do. You end up paying both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases