TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Col_Pladoh said:
Children are dear...but surely a handicap at a gamer get-together :eek:

Cheers,
Gary
True enough. The initial plans called for leaving our 2 boys with out in-laws while were went to the Con. But, those plans have fallen through, so I'll be bringing the whole crew.

Gray Mouser

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
Such costuming is not remarkable for me, as I have little pride regarding such matters. Have you seen that dreadful video wherein I am dressed shabbily as a seedy wizard leading the parate of costumed conventioneers at GenCon 2000?

:lol: :mad: :lol:
Gary

Uh, no, I must have missed that one, I'm afraid. I can only hope that someone has posted the footage on the web somewhere for all our enjoyment ;)

The upcoming Convention sounds like it's going to be fun. It's too bad I'm going to miss it (actually, I've never been to a gaming con of any kin, despite having played since 1979 or there abouts).

Gray Mouser

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
francisca said:
True enough. The initial plans called for leaving our 2 boys with out in-laws while were went to the Con. But, those plans have fallen through, so I'll be bringing the whole crew.
Great for the kinder, and surely memorable for the parents, but somewhat restricting the things one can do. good thing this isn't a SF con with hall costume contest, bar gatherings whereat all the lacivious songs are sung as booze is swilled by the gallon.

My wife is still talking about how badly Robert Asprin outdid me in vulgar ditties and quaffing of alcohol. :]

:heh: :lol: :heh:
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Gray Mouser said:
Uh, no, I must have missed that one, I'm afraid. I can only hope that someone has posted the footage on the web somewhere for all our enjoyment ;)
...and to my chagrin assuredly...

The upcoming Convention sounds like it's going to be fun. It's too bad I'm going to miss it (actually, I've never been to a gaming con of any kin, despite having played since 1979 or there abouts).

Gray Mouser
Please! You must make every effort to attend a convention. Nothing like them. If you want large, go to Gencon...and there's a chance I'll be at the event in 2006. For more relaxed and intimate enjoyment, plan on a local con or next year's Lake Geneva Gaming Convention--fun, fellowship, and new friends to :D

Cheers,
Gary

francisca

Col_Pladoh said:
Please! You must make every effort to attend a convention. Nothing like them. If you want large, go to Gencon...and there's a chance I'll be at the event in 2006. For more relaxed and intimate enjoyment, plan on a local con or next year's Lake Geneva Gaming Convention--fun, fellowship, and new friends to :D

Cheers,
Gary
Let me second this. You should try a couple of Cons, at least one large and one small.

francisca

Col_Pladoh said:
Great for the kinder, and surely memorable for the parents, but somewhat restricting the things one can do. good thing this isn't a SF con with hall costume contest, bar gatherings whereat all the lacivious songs are sung as booze is swilled by the gallon.

My wife is still talking about how badly Robert Asprin outdid me in vulgar ditties and quaffing of alcohol. :]

:heh: :lol: :heh:
Gary
I still think we'll manage a great time in LG. Wife and kids poolside, me chucking dice......

And RE: Mr. Asprin. Outdo you at vulgar ditties....mmmm....sounds like quite a feat.. :D

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
francisca said:
I still think we'll manage a great time in LG. Wife and kids poolside, me chucking dice......

And RE: Mr. Asprin. Outdo you at vulgar ditties....mmmm....sounds like quite a feat.. :D
There's plenty around the LG area to amuse youngsters, including a water park (Timber Ridge), a hotel swimming pool at the con site, a local beach, and a couple of miniature golf courses. Boat rides and a petting zoo are also options.

Cheers,
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases