TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Howdy Deuce Traveler,

That is an interesting and informative precis of the development of the fantasy game form on computer and for online pay. Thanks.

GameSpot had me tied with JRRT for #17 in the 30 most influential people in cmputer gaming, BTW :lol:

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Deuce Traveler said:
No problem, Gary. When the CRPG article comes out this summer I'll let you know in case you need something to help with any fits of insomnia. ;)
No way!

I am a game geek, so that sort of thing actually interests me :lol:

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
haakon1 said:
Hard to believe. :p

Sorry, it was just too easy. :heh:
Nah!

It's easy to believe when you remember that I was named the number 1 nerd of all time, beating out all of Japan--came in 8th :lol:

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh said:
It's easy to believe when you remember that I was named the number 1 nerd of all time

Who decided that? I mean, you and Al Gore both got into "Anthology of Interest" on Futurama, but you have one more movie (counting both D&D movies as yours), but then again Al invented the internet . . . you only invented most of the games on computers. (Sort of like how "The Honeymooners" invented most comedy on TV.) :p

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
haakon1 said:
Who decided that? I mean, you and Al Gore both got into "Anthology of Interest" on Futurama, but you have one more movie (counting both D&D movies as yours), but then again Al invented the internet . . . you only invented most of the games on computers. (Sort of like how "The Honeymooners" invented most comedy on TV.) :p
Heh...

Evidentally you missed Sync Magazine, where in the December/January 2004/05 issue ran an article titled "The 50 biggest Nerds of All TIme." Bill Gates was mentioned in 51st place, while I was named the #1 Nerd of All Time, the Kinf of Nerds! :lol:

Cheers,
Gary

Last edited:

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Palaner said:
Probably been asked before...have you ever played a pen-and-paper roleplaying game online over a chat client?
Actually I don't recall that question ever being asked before ;)

While I have known of such games for years, and the chap that runs Makray's Keep used to play in my campaign, I have not played online. The fact is that I was stretching it to have one night a week set aside for my face-to-face game. Now I do that and often play boardgames at my son Ernie's plave on Monday afternoons, so semi-retirement is good :cool:

Cheers,
Gary

Gray Mouser

First Post
Deuce Traveler said:
Wizardry I also came out in 1981, and introduced the party concept into the CRPG, and was probably most like DnD. It sold very well and was a simple dungeon crawler, which appealed to those normally outside the fan base.

I started playing Wizardry shortly after I started playing D&D (the former being in probably early 1982 while the later was in 1981). I loved that game and it was an adequate substitute when a D&D game was unavailable. I should really check out ebay for a copy sometime :)

Gray Mouser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases