What's on your mind?

Father of the Game
    Ancient Red Dragon (Lvl 30)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Col_Pladoh

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mouser
    Indeed, and that was something that I as a novice player really appreciated As I grew older and actually began reading Dante it always made me a bit nostalgic for the MM descriptions of devils.

Along those lines, was there any reason for switching the ice-cold 9th circle of Dante's Inferno for the frozen (IIRC) 8th plane of the nine hells?

Gray Mouser

Mere poetic license, as a frozen last layer did not strike me as appropriate for a S&S model of the hells.

Cheers,
    Gary
    XP Scott DeWar, Pendrake Utherman gave XP for this post

Defender (Lvl 8)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore francisca

Friend+
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Col_Pladoh
    haakon1,

What can I say?

Cheers,
    Gary
    I admire your restraint in the matter.

Father of the Game
    Ancient Red Dragon (Lvl 30)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Col_Pladoh

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by francisca
    I admire your restraint in the matter.
    Although I seldom do, on occasion I manage to follow Thumper's (or was it FLower's?)advice: "Of you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

Gary
    XP Scott DeWar, Pendrake Utherman gave XP for this post

Creature Cataloguer
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore BOZ

Friend+
    My communities:

Even though the zine was created by me, I have not been asked to do any such thing. The fact is that I am dubious about being able to offer anything polite and constructive.
    understandable. as a purely business decision, it probably seems to make sense. as a way to reach out to fans and longtime subscribers... well, it leaves something to be desired.
    don't quote me on that.

I am the D&D guru on Wikipedia (because no one else wanted the job!) so check out the D&D Wikiproject!

Guide (Lvl 11)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore haakon1

Friend+
    My communities:

haakon1,

What can I say?

Cheers,
    Gary
    In general, quite a lot, Gary, and it's usually quite interesting. But about this, I guess not much.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore mhacdebhandia

Friend+
    My communities:

As for Egyptian deities at odds, the big dustup was between Ra and Osiris when Ra was taking Set's sind in regards who should rule earth, Horus son of Osiris or Set. Osiris onfrmed Ra that he had "many savage faced messengers" to assert his claim, and Ra backed down.
    Jasin was actually referring to the backstory of the television series Stargate SG-1, but I for one will forgive you for not recognising it.
    Christopher Adams - Sydney, Australia

Religion must remain an outlet for people who say to themselves, "I am not the kind of person I want to be." It must never sink into an assemblage of the self-satisfied.

- Frank Herbert, Dune

Defender (Lvl 8)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore francisca

Friend+
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by BOZ
    understandable. as a purely business decision, it probably seems to make sense. as a way to reach out to fans and longtime subscribers... well, it leaves something to be desired.
    If Gary wrote an article for Dragon, it would be the first one I've picked up in 2 or 3 years.

Oh, and Hi BOZ!!!

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Deuce Traveler

Friend+
    My communities:

Gary, I know you weren't a huge fan of the Dragonlance world, but I was pretty surprised that WOTC would pull the that license away from the original creators, Hickman and Weiss(had to be a punch in the gut for them). This made me wonder that if they were willing to pull a license from those that had worked on it for a good portion of their lives, how far is WOTC from pulling the OGL?

And so onto my question. I'm a big fan of LA and C and C. How attached are these products to the OGL (C and C more than LA, obviously), and if WOTC pulls the OGL, what changes will Troll Lords have to make to these works to keep them running? From my understanding, C and C has been slowly rising in popularity for those wanting a rules-light fantasy RPG, so I would hope it would be to stay.
    /forum/showthread.php?63657-The-Play-by-Post-Player-s-Signature-Thread/, post#43

Quote Originally Posted by mhacdebhandia
    Jasin was actually referring to the backstory of the television series Stargate SG-1, but I for one will forgive you for not recognising it.
    Actually, no. I was just referring to the general motif of Apophis vs. Ra in Egyptian mythology, which came to my mind as I was thinking about the solar vs. planetar thing for that game. Ra battles Apophis, Apollo battles Python, the solar battles the planetar. The sun deity against the earth serpent.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Traveler
    Gary, I know you weren't a huge fan of the Dragonlance world, but I was pretty surprised that WOTC would pull the that license away from the original creators, Hickman and Weiss(had to be a punch in the gut for them). This made me wonder that if they were willing to pull a license from those that had worked on it for a good portion of their lives, how far is WOTC from pulling the OGL?

And so onto my question. I'm a big fan of LA and C and C. How attached are these products to the OGL (C and C more than LA, obviously), and if WOTC pulls the OGL, what changes will Troll Lords have to make to these works to keep them running? From my understanding, C and C has been slowly rising in popularity for those wanting a rules-light fantasy RPG, so I would hope it would be to stay.

The OGL cant be revoked. Its out there for good. Lejendary Adventure is not an OGL game, its an independent system, so even if revoking the OGL was possible, it would have no effect on LA.
    Peter

C&C Art Troll

www.ravenchilde.com

• Closed Thread
    Page 733 of 880 FirstFirst ... 233633683723724725726727728729730731732733734735736737738739740741742743783833 ... LastLast