TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes but Gary why do all mine end up in yourspam file is the question LOL
ken

Col_Pladoh said:
Not to worry. This isn't the first time I have posted my email addy here. Teh fellows here are not prone to sending off superflous messages, thank goodness. The daily spam count in my inbox runs to around 100 missives, while only about 30 or so others are ones I read/respond to.

Board posts take up as much time as email responses :uhoh:

Cheerio,
Gary

Geoffrey

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
I loved and still do the 1933 King Kong film.

Me too. My local public library has a large theatre screen in it. I showed the movie and it was simply INCREDIBLE on the big screen. I noticed all kinds of details in the jungles of Skull Island that I never noticed just watching the DVD on my TV set at home.

I miss stop-motion. :(

RFisher

Explorer
Col_Pladoh said:
So enough beating up on munchkins. Many mature and become solid gamers ;)

Agreed!

I hope this doesn't count as continuing to beat up on them, as I do have another question on this topic that I'd like your wisdom on:

How do we best deal with munchkins? Can we use rules to discourage them? Do we kick them out of the game & tell them to return when they've matured?

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
(very solemnly, quietly)

I guess this, for me, is The Question.

-

Gary Gygax, do you consider my character Edena, 1st/2nd Edition cleric 121st / wizard 40th (dual classed) to be a legitimate character?

If you require information and background on Edena so you can determine the answer, I will provide anything you ask for.

Yours Sincerely to the Creator of D&D
Edena_of_Neith

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
That may be true. Or maybe not true.

If true, I will provide the information asked of me. Any information asked.

Since I have been the subject of public ridicule on this matter for 15 years, this is an important question for me.

Sincerely
Edena_of_Neith

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
the black knight said:
Gary,

How campy do you get yourself? Which of your characters have exhibited the most camp of all? Does Mordy ever go over the top?

TBK
About the worst I get in this regard is quoting or playing the role of some well-known group or person--Monty Python skits, the Firesign Theater recordings (amongst my favorite comedic material!), Bela Lugosi as Dracula, Lon Chaney, Jr. as the wolfman, etc. Now and then I will attempt a particular sort of accent or mannerism in order to convey the actual nature of the NPC, or just to inject a note of levity into play.

Cheerio,
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases