New Fan-Made Preview Adventure - Expedition to the Feywild

TheLordWinter

First Post
Hello everyone! Hankering for another preview? Ran Raiders of Oakhurst one time too many? Need something short and sweet before jumping into Keep on the Shadowfell? How about taking a brief tour of the other adjacent world, the Feywild?

Hook: A missing child has thrown a town into disarray! No one can seem to locate him - and even worse, he's the mayor's only son! Only the players, perhaps arriving with a fresh perspective, can locate the missing boy!

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Version 2.0 is up and ready after some play-testing last night. A few grammatical corrections to make the speeches read smoother and also some overhauling on the skill challenge. Also a small tweak on the troll whelps.

Attachments

• Expedition to the Feywild v2.doc
    158.5 KB · Views: 782
Last edited:

Novem5er

First Post
I just took a quick read through it, and I like it! Obviously, I haven't had time to run it, but I think it could be a basis for a mini-adventure, even after the core books come out. You did a good job with characterization and the feel of the adventure. My only real question is how did you come up with the stats for some of the monsters? I assume the Worg is based on the DDM Dire Wolf RP stats, but what about the Troll whelp? Everything looked in line with other monsters I've seen, so good job on that.

As soon as I heard about 4e, I considered running a fey-based campaign. I think this would be a good first step for one :p

TheLordWinter

First Post
The troll whelp is based around a scaled-down version of someone attempting to stat up a DDM troll. Also, since the 4e press conference promised "more trolls per encounter" I figured there needed to be trolls you could fight from the get-go!

Novem5er

First Post
Yeah, I liked the idea of a younger troll that PCs can fight at low levels. I would consider making it a medium sized monster, though, just to differentiate between a whelp and adult troll. Plus, most of the other monsters in the adventure (goblins) are small sized, so even a medium monster would be step-up :)

But... it doesn't really matter.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases