Sons of Gruumsh/Red Hand of Doom - Interest Check

renau1g

First Post
Ok, so I've been debating this for a little while now and am thinking I might try to run a game here. I'm playing in a few, but I don't really have a ton of time for converting the modules over to Eberron, or Forgotten Realms for that matter (although Sons of Gruumsh is there). I'll just use the module as is (at least location-wise, I think I'll need to change up some of the enemies, just in case ;). But that being said I'll allow stuff from both FR & Eberron if players want it, i.e. shifters & warforged. Deities would be FR (I really like the sheer number of deities and customization options) Anyways, just checking into the interest for this game here. Probably be looking for 4 players, 5 max.

Note: I will be expecting players in it for the long term as it's a pretty long module.

Books Available:
Core - PHB/PHB2, DMG
Completes - Adventurer, Arcane, Divine, Mage & Warrior
Eberron - Campaign Setting, Races of Eberron, Player's Guide
FR - Campaign Setting, Races of Faerun, Player's Guide
Heroes of Horror, Libris Mortis
Magic Item Compendium, Spell Compendium

Anything else needs approval.

Note: I don't have the Tome of Battle, nor do I have access to it, sorry melee characters :(. If 4e turns out to suck, I might pick it up.

As I said before, this is only an interest so if it doesn't work out please don't kill me ;). I'd be looking for race/class combo and posting rate, no backstory yet.

Edit: Oh yeah starting level would be 4

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
Definitely interested.

My first choice would be an elven sorcereress that is exploring her silver draconic heritage thru the various feats associated with the draconic heritage feat tree.

Second choice would be a human cleric, who would be focused upon buffing and entering melee.

Walking Dad

First Post
I would be really interested in a changeling transmutator/illusionist (racial subs from Races of Eberron).

If the arcane slot is taken, I would like to play a half-giant psionic warrior/fighter/ heading for warmind (could I take a class feature from Comp Psionic (and the PH2 web enhancement) and/or Dungeonscape (Dungeoncrasher) if I provide you with the informations?).

Other possibilities would be a dragon shaman or a hexblade.

I'm at ENworld once a day at least.

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
I too would be interested...though i've played the first couple encouters on here in a game that too quickly died. I'd go for a shifter psychic warrior (focuses on defense) or shifter(using the PHB2 variant) druid

Walking Dad

First Post
Oops, do you even allow psionics?

If not, my half-giant "will become":
If the arcane slot is taken, I would like to play a goliath barbarian/fighter (could I take a race from Races of Stone (goliaths) and a Dungeonscape alternate class feature (Dungeoncrasher) if I provide you with the informations?).

Ambrus

Explorer
This sounds interesting, assuming the campaign has some staying power. ;)

Not certain what I might play yet though; I tend to gravitate towards the more unusual PC types. Any chance that the monster classes from Savage Species might be allowed? No harm in asking right?

renau1g

First Post
Ambrus - I'll reserve the right to disallow anything from the book, but I'm open to making players happy. Note, any evil race will have issues in the towns, etc.

WalkingDad - I'm still considering psionics, but it seems that most of the interested parties want it (I own the revised handbook, just haven't really got into it) so I'll probably re-consider.

All, thanks for taking the time to drop by, I'll make a decision this week and throw up a recruiting thread.

Rhun

First Post
EvolutionKB said:
I too would be interested...though i've played the first couple encouters on here in a game that too quickly died. I'd go for a shifter psychic warrior (focuses on defense) or shifter(using the PHB2 variant) druid

I'm right there with Evo. I actually played through the first couple encounters with Evo, and once before that too. Unfortunately, nobody seems to be able to actually make a serious go of this adventure here.

I'd be interested in playing if you get the game going. I've got a dwarf rogue/fighter from the previous game that I would still like to use. And as far as the long term goes, I've never dropped a game, and the two PBPs I DM here are both now over two years running.

renau1g

First Post
Rhun said:
I'm right there with Evo. I actually played through the first couple encounters with Evo, and once before that too. Unfortunately, nobody seems to be able to actually make a serious go of this adventure here.

I'd be interested in playing if you get the game going. I've got a dwarf rogue/fighter from the previous game that I would still like to use. And as far as the long term goes, I've never dropped a game, and the two PBPs I DM here are both now over two years running.

It's too bad about making a serious go of this adventure as it's rated as one of the best from 3e/3.5e. I've read through it and it looks awesome, I'll live vicariously through you players ;)

The more I think about it the more interested I am in running it. I think there's some good interested parties and I'll need some time to put together the maps, etc, but I'm thinking of just jumping right into the Red Hand of Doom and skipping the Sons of Gruumsh. It'll change the starting level to 6.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases