Red Hand of Doom - OOC

s@squ@tch

First Post
Well, as you probably can guess, Virashil isn't going to be flanking ANYTHING with you anytime soon. She'll concentrate on hit-and-fade tactics with her breath weapon for crowd control, or pick off individual targets from a distance with MM, RoE, and at last resort, her longbow.

Plus, she really doesn't have anyone to enlarge at the moment.

And renauq1 - I'd like to restructure Virashil to be a 13th lvl Sorcerer.

renau1g

First Post
So is the plan for Virashil to cast invisibilty on everyone? Or will you attempt to steathily approach, relying on your natural abilities?

s@squ@tch

First Post
Well, that is the decision to be made.

She has a wand of invisibility w/ 15 charges, and also has 5 lvl 2 spells slots left for the day. The real question is how we want to approach the keep -- whether through the front door, or possibly try to navigate what appears to be a broken wall on the southern face.

Might be metagaming, but the fact that Hurrow heard wolves means that invisibility might prove a pointless endevour, as he (Hurrow) probably knows that wolves have a keen sense of smell. I'll double check his know(nature). OK, I checked, it is +7, so it may or may not tell him anything, oer the SRD, the DC would be most likely 12.

In many cases, you can use this skill to identify monsters and their special powers or vulnerabilities. In general, the DC of such a check equals 10 + the monster’s HD. A successful check allows you to remember a bit of useful information about that monster.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Hurrow has enough knowledge of nature that it would be common knowledge that wolves have scent. The hillock has an easy approarch from the main path up to the main gate, and the back will require some climbing and effort to get up the rocky hill.

Hurrow would realize that their range is relatively limited though so you should be ok...

Rhun

First Post
Zazz is for approaching the keep from the back and investigating the break in the side wall. He is reasonably confident in his own ability to hide and move silently, and would prefer that Virashil save her invisibility for when it is truly needed.

I vote that he approaches the keep first, perhaps with Hurrow flying scout for him. If he reaches the wall unseen and detects no danger, he can wave Vira forward.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases